Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Power Train Requires Maintenance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oooookay. Since Tesla never misses on anything. LOL
I answered YOUR question in the affirmative and showed a logical link to support my counter argument. It seems you are determined to believe the oil needs to be changed no matter what. Knock yourself out, it’s your money. What I will do is promise you to report back to this forum once I have an issue with mine or when Tesla says to me “hey, you should probably change out that oil.”

Reactions: mh4k
My 13 month old Model Y now has a similar problem. Powertrain needs service, speed is usually restricted to around 100 km/hr (Canada). I have an appointment for service but that is taking 2 weeks to get. One week of waiting left.

Just received this message on my Model 3 yesterday, along with a speed restriction of 58mph. I booked an appointment for mid March, but after I messaged Service and said I couldn't safely drive on the freeway with the restriction, they had me bring the car in today. Hopefully it's the same (relatively) simple oil pump swap. Car has 43k miles.