Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Power Trunk/liftgate Retrofit Group Buy!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Group Buy was shut down by supplier and we are no longer carrying this product. Sorry!! Unfortunate turn of events.

Attachments

• IMG_2408.jpeg
    IMG_2408.jpeg
    259.3 KB · Views: 236
Last edited:
I'd be interested if the foot sensor is included or available!

Is this the kit from Teslaoffer or autoease? It looks like the one from teslaoffer but perhaps they're all the same?

This is the Autoease kit. I haven't seen the teslaoffer one in person and they're not willing to sell wholesale so I am not sure how close the two compare. That being said I really like the quality of this kit. The Model S version is arguably better than the OEM solution where both struts are powered instead of just one which makes the trunk close crooked.

FYI, that is identical to the TeslaOffer kit from what i can see. I don't see any difference what-so-ever from the picture of the parts laid out.
Ok. It's weird the foot sensor is listed as being included on their site but we haven't seen one included in it for either Model S or Model 3 and its not in the instructions for either kit. They aren't open for another 6 hours so hopefully once they open back up I can confirm and add it as an option on the site. There appears to be an unused port on the module so I am assuming that is what it's for but it's all in Chinese so I can't tell.

Ok. It's weird the foot sensor is listed as being included on their site but we haven't seen one included in it for either Model S or Model 3 and its not in the instructions for either kit. They aren't open for another 6 hours so hopefully once they open back up I can confirm and add it as an option on the site. There appears to be an unused port on the module so I am assuming that is what it's for but it's all in Chinese so I can't tell.

Compare the instructions on the AutoEase kit with the instructions of the TeslaOffer kit... my guess is the instructions are going to be nearly identical.

The TeslaOffer kit has instructions on how to do the foot sensor, as well, but it's basically appended to their regular instructions.

This is the Autoease kit. I haven't seen the teslaoffer one in person and they're not willing to sell wholesale so I am not sure how close the two compare. That being said I really like the quality of this kit. The Model S version is arguably better than the OEM solution where both struts are powered instead of just one which makes the trunk close crooked.

interesting...like another already pointed out - the pictures line up with the teslaoffer kit, but not having the foot sensor lines up with the autoease kit (at least on their che1.com site: Power operated tailgate lift assisting system TL105 – Autoease, I don't know if they also run autoease.com or if that's a different entity)

On the autoease.com site, they list the foot sensor as included, but it's definitely not in the pictures