TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Power Wall Delivery?

Discussion in 'Tesla Energy' started by MikeInFL, Oct 1, 2015.

1. MikeInFL

MikeInFL Member

Deliveries were supposed to begin this summer per Tesla. It's now fall. Anyone have an update?

2. green1

green1 Active Member

Tesla is notorious for missing timelines, usually by several years, so don't hold your breath.

3. FredTMC

FredTMC Model S VIN #4925

My understanding is they are currently being produced. Therefore, delivieries are soon to follow. One guy mentioned they are currently in production at Fremont.

4. gg_got_a_tesla

gg_got_a_tesla Model S: VIN P65513, Model 3 Res Holder

Haha... enough said.

Seriously, till the Gigafactory comes online next spring, we shouldn't expect much. In any case, Powerpacks and bigger will be prioritized over Powerwall for the foreseeable future.

In my more negative moods, I wonder if such announcements months/years before they are even remotely possible are no more than attempts to keep Tesla in the news and indirectly goose the stock.

5. miimura

miimura Active Member

I think a significant part of the Tesla Energy announcement was justification and risk mitigation for the Gigafactory. "See, look!! We have another huge demand for batteries, so even if our cars don't meet projections, we still need this huge factory!".

6. bwa

bwa Member

Yes yes yes yes yes and yes, and also give them more $ to make the packs, and also to get more companies to develop the essential equipment, compatible products and programming for them. Also, they have been installing test packs for a while now, so I think it's more real than us consumers get to experience. They've said they already have customers, but we haven't seen the customer reviews yet. So, still some more time before it becomes widespread.

7. g-force

g-force Member

they od me last week expect middle of next year. I have a free one coming from referral program

8. Reeler

Reeler 6 Years of Pure EV

I have two free ones coming from the two referral programs. I received a survey e-mail to configure for one today. I pinged them for an e-mail on the second.