Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Power Wall For Sale - For real this time

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry folks, a while back I posted for sale my Powerwall. I got it as a referral reward. Anyways shortly after, Corona hit, then the riots.... etc. I'm back to really sell this thing. I anyone interested? $3500? I can prob have it shipped to you as I have not specified an address yet. Prob better this way. If I have it mailed to me, I know I'm gonna open it up and then want to keep it. LOL

Thanks for your patience all!

• Funny
Reactions: Watts_Up
Got 3 offers in 1 hr. All at asking price... maybe shouldn't say that. Anyways I'm not trying to gouge, but at the same time, have no idea what the market is for this now so.... Anyone want to step up? Pls let me know. Thank you very much!

Got 3 offers in 1 hr. All at asking price... maybe shouldn't say that. Anyways I'm not trying to gouge, but at the same time, have no idea what the market is for this now so.... Anyone want to step up? Pls let me know. Thank you very much!

I believe the average price for these was about $5k, but the award policy was recently updated and the $1k install credit is now non-transferable, so that would effectively bring the asking price down to $4k. I also believe the tax liability cannot be passed along, either, so you'd have to determine how much that would be for you and whether your asking price is below that. As far as I know, Tesla has not sent out 1099s for Powerwall awards in the past, but because they've limited the transferability of the $1k install credit and the W9 requirement, they might start this year.

Here’s info that Tesla sent me as I wanted to be clear on who gets the W9 and what happens to the $1k.

I have offers for mine at $5k knowing that I’ll get the W9 and buyer does not get the $1k credit. Not looking to hijack in any way here.

“Great question, the installation of a Powerwall can range from $2,500 to $5,000 depending on the electrical set up and the amount of Powerwall units being installed. Please be advised that if you do gift this prize the new recipient will not be eligible for the $1000 installation reimbursement and you will still be sent a W9 tax document. Also room in your existing panel is great to have however it won’t have any effect on the installation pricing.”

Sorry, but...the way this reads, you offered something for a price, and several people took you up on that. So quickly that you feel you undercharged for it? And now you're trying to take bids for it instead?

That seems wrong. Seems like the first person who pulled the trigger has rights to it.

Sorry, but...the way this reads, you offered something for a price, and several people took you up on that. So quickly that you feel you undercharged for it? And now you're trying to take bids for it instead?

That seems wrong. Seems like the first person who pulled the trigger has rights to it.

Yeah it does seem like that from the post. I agree. But it was always auction. If you read my original post way back when, or some how talk to anyone that DM'd me, it was always an auction. I know... if it looks like crap, smells like crap, prob taste like crap. So no hard feelings.

So unless anyone else has an alternative, I guess this sale is a non starter in light of the new info about not being able to transfer the power wall. Unless anyone else has a different opinion. I will take the credit and apply to a Model Y or Cyber. Sorry for the confusion.

So unless anyone else has an alternative, I guess this sale is a non starter in light of the new info about not being able to transfer the power wall. Unless anyone else has a different opinion. I will take the credit and apply to a Model Y or Cyber. Sorry for the confusion.
I asked on my own award recently and they wouldn't give me credit, though, you COULD transfer it. I'm still interested. PM me if we can still move forward

how do you have a credit option? I asked for this and was told that there is no credit option available in the US and I can either get it installed or drop shipped on a pallet or forfeit all together

Reactions: MelaniainLA
Ok got 2 at $3750. Anyone for 4? This is not eBay so there's no Paypal option.

Well, I know one person I'll be going out of my way to avoid buying anything from. If you weren't willing to honor your asking price, you shouldn't have offered it. I've done the same, but I've had the ethics to eat what I should in order to honor the deal.