Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Power Wall For Sale - For real this time

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Let's say for example that I listed my house for sale and I got 8 offers at asking price. What that would tell me is that I underpriced my selling price. Should I sell to the first person that responded, or would it be unethical to ask if anyone would pay more? Then, would it be ok for the buyers that did not get the house at asking price to go on a public forum and complain that the seller is a bad person?

Let's say for example that I listed my house for sale and I got 8 offers at asking price. What that would tell me is that I underpriced my selling price. Should I sell to the first person that responded, or would it be unethical to ask if anyone would pay more? Then, would it be ok for the buyers that did not get the house at asking price to go on a public forum and complain that the seller is a bad person?

Nobody said you were a bad person, just that looking for more money on here is poor form.

Real Estate is a different animal. If you had 8 offers at asking price, chances are after 3-4 of those offers, the realtors would tell their clients they have to offer more or they won't be considered. It is common practice to look for top dollar in real estate and to sell to the highest bidder. You also have other variables to consider like which buyer will actually qualify and who will waste your time.

On a forum like this, as stated, its not an auction site. If you list something for a price, you are expected to have done your research on the product and priced accordingly to fair market value and your enthusiasm to move the product. So you are salting your good name for $250 it seems. As grmdl3 said, I too have eaten more profit to honor my word, many times, and for a hell of a lot more than $250.

Do what you please, it's your prerogative. Just my humble opinion and explanation of everyone else's posts. Good luck with the sale.

Reactions: ra88it
There's plenty of people selling items on this forum that are looking for the highest bidder. I guess if I had written "obo" then perhaps this conversation would be mute. Semantics of it all seem rather petty. DMing 8 people is rather tedious so I just decided to be upfront about the situation. People said they paid $5k before. I threw out $3500 to see what would happen. Is this so wrong?

There's plenty of people selling items on this forum that are looking for the highest bidder. I guess if I had written "obo" then perhaps this conversation would be mute. Semantics of it all seem rather petty. DMing 8 people is rather tedious so I just decided to be upfront about the situation. People said they paid $5k before. I threw out $3500 to see what would happen. Is this so wrong?

Yes it is.....you listed an item for sale at a certain price with no indication of it being an OBO situation. This is not ebay and when a sale price is listed then it should be honored to the first person who messaged you about your listed selling price of said item. It seems shady to all of a sudden change it after the fact. Not saying you are a bad person but might want to change tactics to avoid confusion next time.

LoL you guys are funny. In my OP, I had written:

"Anyone interested? $3,500?"

The question mark refers to a starting point.

But grmdl3 in post #9 commented that he/she interpreted this as a firm price. I responded by agreeing. Yes, it could be misinterpreted, and furthermore I clarified again that it was going to the highest bidder so no one would be mislead. Apparently this has fallen on deaf ears.

But grmdl3 in post #9 commented that he/she interpreted this as a firm price. I responded by agreeing. Yes, it could be misinterpreted, and furthermore I clarified again that it was going to the highest bidder so no one would be mislead. Apparently this has fallen on deaf ears.
I’d have purchased at a 3200-3500$ price point, like they were until ~8-12wks ago.

So we're suppose to interpret your meaning behind a ? ?

Ok, thank God you didn't put a . Or , or ! Because then we would have been really confused......

• Funny
Reactions: BarryL and ra88it
No longer available. It was sold yesterday. Thanks to all who were interested. I apologize for the confusion in the beginning. Great purchase to buyer, you got PW for half the price not including any rebates. Wish I had a house, I would have kept it for sure.