Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Power Wall for sale soon.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Please read the other threads about this. You cannot very easily do this. You will also get an IRS 1099 form for the value of the Powerwall. Finally, they absolutely refuse to deliver but not installed. It doesn’t work that way. In fact, you generally don’t really get it for free because you end up having to pay around two to $6000 to get the thing permitted and custom installed in your place. They make it exceptionally difficult if not impossible to sell, and the person buying it from you will end up paying more to buy it from you then to buy it brand new from the company. Because they do not get access to all of the federal credit etc. and then you also owe tax on the full value of the unit. The only way to really do it is to have it installed in your place and then ripped out and then sold to somebody else. Makes no sense. Please read all the threads that are already written about this. I have three of them, so I know.

Please read the other threads about this. You cannot very easily do this. You will also get an IRS 1099 form for the value of the Powerwall. Finally, they absolutely refuse to deliver but not installed. It doesn’t work that way. In fact, you generally don’t really get it for free because you end up having to pay around two to $6000 to get the thing permitted and custom installed in your place. They make it exceptionally difficult if not impossible to sell, and the person buying it from you will end up paying more to buy it from you then to buy it brand new from the company. Because they do not get access to all of the federal credit etc. and then you also owe tax on the full value of the unit. The only way to really do it is to have it installed in your place and then ripped out and then sold to somebody else. Makes no sense. Please read all the threads that are already written about this. I have three of them, so I know.

Melania ... they very recently changed their policy on this. You’re right in that you can not get it delivered without installation, but they are now offering people to “assign” the award to a friend or family member if they own their house and are in the Tesla Energy service area. I’m currently trying to sell 2 referral award PWs for a friend. (I have a thread in parts for sale). The actual award winner will need to sign the W-9 for income taxes.
The 30% federal rebate is still an open issue if buyers of a referral PW can claim it.

Reactions: MelaniainLA