Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Power Wall installation, step by step

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good article, nice to see that kind of info getting online. The system diagram looks the same as my Powerwall installations except that I have a disconnect switch and a line coming into the inverter from my 9.89kW solar array.

IMG_2053.JPG

The solar panel diagram shows the PV panels feeding power through power optimizers, which enable a dirty or shaded panel to deliver less power without causing the whole array to throttle down to the level of that lowest output panel.

In talking to Solar City reps about Solar Roof tiles, I could not get an answer as to how, or if, power optimizers would be used. It would be pretty expensive to install an optimizer for every solar roof tile, but a whole roof without optimizers would not be good either. I wonder if tiles will be wired together as sub-arrays with output equivalent to a typical PV panel and a power optimizer for each sub-array?

Good article, nice to see that kind of info getting online. The system diagram looks the same as my Powerwall installations except that I have a disconnect switch and a line coming into the inverter from my 9.89kW solar array.

View attachment 208644
I'm curious why you installed a separate shut-off switch on the line coming in from the PV arrays, given that there is a big PV system disconnect button on the face of the inverter control box. Local code?