TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Power Window Behavior

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by ModelSFL, Mar 22, 2017.

1. ModelSFL

ModelSFL Member

I noticed that when I put any of my windows up, it seems to stop and come back down. Eventually it was stay up. I took a video of this https://goo.gl/photos/n5NQJhNyZ7XeDVwq6

It seems to have been going on for a while now and I wonder if anyone else experiences this?

2. JPP

JPP Active Member

You need to recalibrate the safety auto-reverse. If I recall correctly, this is the trick:

Run the window down by holding the button in the down/open position and continue to hold for like 5-10 seconds. Then release, and hold it in the close/up position until the window fully closes, then hold it for like 5-10 seconds. Let go. Test and see if it works.

BTW I notice that you have tinted the windows. That can affect the friction/force the window motors need to operate.

• Helpful x 2
    • Like x 1
  3. Drewflux

Drewflux Member

A small squirt of silicon spary into the window guide channels in the door also helps