Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Powerbar visibility [new UI complaint]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Although my eyes are not improving through the years the powerbar of my M3P became to small since the latest update.

Important information about available regen and power are hardly visible, it should be much bigger and preferably with colors.

It’s widely considered that this update is a bust on many levels. I can still see it pretty well, but even then I recognize this wasn’t a good change. Contrast levels are down (especially at night). Even whether you’re in P, R, D - it’s hard to tell anymore.

It’s widely considered that this update is a bust on many levels. I can still see it pretty well, but even then I recognize this wasn’t a good change. Contrast levels are down (especially at night). Even whether you’re in P, R, D - it’s hard to tell anymore.

I can see that. The contrast is what's killing most people. I have no issues with the new UI but you you're going to make stuff smaller, you have to make then stand out more. Making everything flat grey is not helpful.

1QqrJ2o.gif
Me trying to read the font on the latest update

I fully agree that the new UI sucks. Yes, the contrast is too low and the size of fonts for these cataract laden eyes (getting them cared for in 2021) too small. But what really bugs me is the UGLY blue car that has replaced my beautiful blue Tesla. Arrrgh! :(

Reactions: Gizmo35
I fully agree that the new UI sucks. Yes, the contrast is too low and the size of fonts for these cataract laden eyes (getting them cared for in 2021) too small. But what really bugs me is the UGLY blue car that has replaced my beautiful blue Tesla. Arrrgh! :(

I feel the same way about the blue image. It doesnt look good. The older avatar with open buttons at top and bottom were far quicker and easier to use.

I'd been meaning to start a thread for a while now with the same basic gripes, more contrast is needed for the power bar along with better color and positioning. The dots are not readable at night (in dark mode) and now they aren't readable during the day if it's sunny out. Also, moving the bar to the top hasn't helped as I used to be able to get a feel for how much regen I was missing, depending upon where the dots stopped by comparing to the P R N D below. Now that it's winter, I basically have no clue 75% of the time how much regen or acceleration I'm missing, thanks to the horrible contrast, size and positioning of the power bar.