Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Powered frunk won't open or close as latch too strong

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I installed a powered frunk and at the maximum settings (which are a bit frightening when it slams) opens and closes maybe 10% of the time.
This can't last or be right.
I cleaned the hood latch whilst installing, so there's no lubricant on the latch, which I might try.
More pertinent, I don't fully understand the install instructions how to adjust the latch. If you understood how things move and effect the system, I would be more confident.
There's a little pull wire to be adjusted, but don't really understand what it does.
The instructions say it pulls a lever to the left, but I would have thought the centre needs to be clear for the hood latch to slide down?

7DNRQ2T

The latch force may not be issue; I had this issue and I tried everything even changing firmware for stronger latching etc.. Only for the fix for my problem was adjusting the actual striker on the hood itself to the left a little...loosen the two screws and there’s some play to move left or right so it land and closes properly..