TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Powering the Charge for Electric Cars

Discussion in 'Charging Standards and Infrastructure' started by Calvin.K, Mar 15, 2014.

1. Calvin.K

Calvin.K Member

#1 Calvin.K, Mar 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2016

2. gg_got_a_tesla

gg_got_a_tesla Model S: VIN P65513, Model 3 Res Holder

Nice! It's great that Tesla could find a reliable partner that could handle the logistics of building out such infrastructure. Looks like the SC network is in good hands for the next couple of years of growth.

3. Calvin.K

Calvin.K Member

At least for the United States, I do not know if Black & Veatch is installing any European superchargers

4. Robert.Boston

Robert.Boston Model S VIN P01536

Doubtful; Black and Veatch has no presence in continental Europe. Possibly in the UK, though.

I was happy to hear in the video that Tesla plans to build even more in 2014. Q1 seems to have been quieter than Q4 2013, but we know that Q4 was a huge push to get the coast-to-coast network up for the record-breaking drive.

5. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

Somebody want to take a crack at listing, in video order, the supercharger locations shown?

My rough recollection is that the first one is Ellensburg. Soon after that I noticed, I think, Vacaville or Corning; not sure which.