TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Powerpack in the wild and powered by a 100kW solar system

Discussion in 'Tesla Energy' started by FLDarren, May 17, 2015.

Tags:
  1. FLDarren

FLDarren Member

This is at USFSP's parking garage in downtown St. Petersburg Florida. The baterry system is massive. About 7 feet tall. I've been at this location a few times and never knew it was a Tesla Powerpack until they put the posters up the within the past day or two. The Powerpack may have been there awhile. I didn't know about the solar panels, so why would I be on the lookout for batteries. IMG_4840.JPG IMG_4841.JPG IMG_4844.JPG IMG_4847.JPG

2. FredTMC

FredTMC Model S VIN #4925

This battery looks identical to the ~0.5 mWh systems that tesla uses at the superchargers and tesla factory

in other words, I don't think this is the new generation "powerpack" design.

3. gg_got_a_tesla

gg_got_a_tesla Model S: VIN 65513, Model 3: VIN 1913

It may just be a case of rebranding and repackaging though. Tesla's been validating these for quite a while at the factory as well as at installations such as these. They've just made it all official with the Power* announcement.

4. FLDarren

FLDarren Member

The small clear pouch on the front of the pack has a red Tesla logo on the top left. I'll take my 55-300 lense with me the next time I'm near there and get some info from the packet. Maybe I'll get a drone and take some spy pics beyond the fence. :wink:

5. Chris TX

Chris TX Active Member

Yeah, that's not a single PowerPack. All the pictures of the PowerPack makes it look like a 19" server rack, filled with batteries.

6. FLDarren

FLDarren Member

image.jpg This from the Tesla April 30th launch event video.

7. Chris TX

Chris TX Active Member

Those are 500kWh units and were shown just to prove a point (this entire evening is powered by stored sunlight). The 100kWh PowerPack looks like this:

GTY_tesla_2_kab_150501_16x9_992.jpg

8. FredTMC

FredTMC Model S VIN #4925

yep. Exactly

9. FLDarren

FLDarren Member

So does the 500kWh system have a specific name.

10. scaesare

scaesare Well-Known Member

"Gigantor"

11. FLDarren

FLDarren Member

12. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

After maximizing my browser (on my relatively small screen)...