Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Powertrain Error 287

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Went to visit my Roadster last night (damn she’s a sexy machine) the HVAC still looks to be the problem. They swapped out a known 400v converter and that was the last part. On the emulator the HVAC is not faulting, the car charges and is fine, with the HVAC the car will not charge.
Simple! New HVAC, frustrating is all the spares are sitting in the Netherlands. But Tesla wants them back in the US so there pulling 20 back to the mothership and then I can get my part! Not so simple. With high confidence it’s the HVAC and just a waiting game I know it’s safe and it will be back to me soon, in the meantime I’m digging the insane+ mode, supercharging and driving the pack down to 1% without worrying. (Did that every week seeing how close the estimator was) it clips the power dramatically but it makes it) something I’ve done once in the roadster and that was a worrying experience.
What’s weird is the AC works and works well, but faults during charging, you would think that if the AC faults it would throw codes while driving.
I wonder if the Command while driving has no precondition requirements where as the charge protocol certainly will.