Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Powertrain Requires Service

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was on the way home tonight and received a "Powertrain Requires Service" message. I had given it full throttle not too long before this came up on the dash. It's under warranty but I'd still like to know what this usually causes this. Any comments or advice are greatly appreciated!

Mike

If you are not seeing any error, only this alert, my guess would be the transmission oil will get changed. This is the only "drivetrain service" that I can think of. Use the app to schedule an appointment and they will pull your logs.

I was on the way home tonight and received a "Powertrain Requires Service" message. I had given it full throttle not too long before this came up on the dash. It's under warranty but I'd still like to know what this usually causes this. Any comments or advice are greatly appreciated!

Mike
Did this get taken care of for you? I have this service warning and have taken it in twice and it keeps coming back.