Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Powerwall 1.41

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got 1.41.2 10 minutes ago, was on 1.40.2. Australia/Victoria

Friday, October 25, 2019 8:25:55.528 AM GMT+0
last_status_time":1571991955528,"version":"1.41.2"

Still reports that the TZ is -7 and not +11, the Summary and phone app is still reporting +11
"last_communication_time":"2019-10-25T01:29:36.390193274-07:00

My PW is now on 1.41.2. I wonder if the update is a bug fix for the problem discussed here.My PVOutput logs show that the Powerwall energy flow was 0 at 09:30 UK time which might be when the update was done - about the same time as noted by vicpw above.

Last edited:
Should I be asking Tesla to update my gateway? My install was done the 27th of September and is on version 1.40.2
I wouldn't bother unless there's reason to believe that the update may fix problems you are encountering. 1.41 added support for Switzerland and "improved energy performance" and it seems to have created problems for some people outside of the USA. Tesla will update your firmware in due course.

Looks like there may be subversions for countries. Still 1.41.0 here and 1.42.2 as above for others. Have we seen that before? Or should us with 1.41.0 expect 1.41.2?

Notes only point to major 1.41 with no real content which is interesting that there are different subversions. Makes the car release notes look actually detailed lol.

Looks like there may be subversions for countries. Still 1.41.0 here and 1.42.2 as above for others. Have we seen that before? Or should us with 1.41.0 expect 1.41.2?
It think 1.41 wan't country-specific but resulted in erratic charging from solar for some people (possibly only those able to use the off-peak charging from mains eg UK & Australia). I think that 1.41.2 was a bug-fix for this and may have only been pushed out to those who might encounter the bug.

It think 1.41 wan't country-specific but resulted in erratic charging from solar for some people (possibly only those able to use the off-peak charging from mains eg UK & Australia). I think that 1.41.2 was a bug-fix for this and may have only been pushed out to those who might encounter the bug.
Thanks, yeah, I'm set to backup only and PV charging only, so, wouldn't have that issue.

I was upgraded from 1.40.1 to 1.41.2 (location Kentucky USA) sometime in the last 24 hours.
The good news is when I tested the powerwalls on backup-only with SOC @ 98% the Hz output remained under 63 Hz.
This means that the firmware upgrade didn't reset the Hz to over 65 Hz like I was afraid might happen.