Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Powerwall 2.0 differences?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just placed my order for 4 Powerwall 2.0s, I currently have a pretty beefy solar system (35x360w Sunpower panels with a SolarEdge 14600A inverter). I'm hoping that it'll work with that, otherwise will be cancelling my order.

(Have a Model X P90D, a P85 and a 500E as well as a 5bdr house), so 4 Powerwalls seems enough

Please update your experience here. It would be awesome if they're really easy to install and plays nice with existing solar systems.

I just placed my order for 4 Powerwall 2.0s, I currently have a pretty beefy solar system (35x360w Sunpower panels with a SolarEdge 14600A inverter). I'm hoping that it'll work with that, otherwise will be cancelling my order.

(Have a Model X P90D, a P85 and a 500E as well as a 5bdr house), so 4 Powerwalls seems enough

If there are AC powerwalls, those would be simply hooked up to you breaker panel. Instead of pushing excess AC power to the grid, the electricity would charge the batteries. It is a bit less efficient, but you don't need inverter compatibility. You just use what you got.

So far Tesla has not stated that inverter is compatible with the Powerwall. Maybe they will, but I doubt it.
This link from the post directly below yours seems to suggest that the version of the Powerwall that comes with an inverter might be able to be AC coupled to your existing system. It would not be an optimal solution but more cost effective that throwing out your existing inverter and buying a new one.
The New Tesla Powerwall Is Actually Two Different Products