TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Powerwall 2 for sale

Discussion in 'Tesla Energy' started by EvoAuto, Jan 12, 2017.

1. EvoAuto

EvoAuto Member

Does anyone want to buy a brand new Powerwall 2? PM me if so.

2. afdfog

afdfog Member

I have one on order. Would you share why you are selling yours? Thanks……..Dave

3. Ruby&Red

Ruby&Red Member

Sure, how much do you want for it, and where are you located?

4. Sodamo

Sodamo Retired and busy :)

Curious how you have one to sell. My impression they had to be bought with the installation.

5. EvoAuto

EvoAuto Member

Won't be able to use it. Contact me at 904-629-0887

6. Brovane

Brovane Member

Did it come with documentation?

7. EvoAuto

EvoAuto Member

Of course, it's brand new ;). I wanted to use it in my current house but the entire back portion of my house is already being used by my pool solar. I will however be designing my new home in the ne t couple years to accommodate two Tesla Powerwall(s).

Not happy about having to give it up but someone should benefit from it.

8. MP3Mike

MP3Mike Active Member

Is it the DC or AC version?

9. berkeley_ecar

berkeley_ecar S 90D (fully loaded) delivered 18 Mar 2017

Is the documentation for the unit available online somewhere? Or if not, can you put up a scan of it? Many thanks!

10. EvoAuto

EvoAuto Member

11. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

That is a key question and I would advise against committing to purchasing the Powerwall 2 being offered until you know which version it is. They are very different.

• Like x 1
  12. BestRadar

BestRadar Member

Why is there no price listed?

13. EvoAuto

EvoAuto Member

14. MP3Mike

MP3Mike Active Member

Are you sure about that? My understanding is that the DC version doesn't have an inverter, only the AC version has that.

15. EvoAuto

EvoAuto Member

Did you happen to read the "All in One" part in the second section? I posted this to answer all of the questions asked.

16. MP3Mike

MP3Mike Active Member

Yes, and that is correct for the AC version of the Powerwall 2. It does not apply to the DC version of the Powerwall 2. (At least from everything we have been able to gather so far.)

17. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

#17 ecarfan, Jan 15, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2017
    That is not correct. My understanding, based on information I have received from Tesla Energy, is as follows:

The DC Powerwall accepts DC in for charging and provides DC out when discharging. It regulates its DC power internally. It must be connected to an external DC/AC inverter such as the the SolarEdge SE7600A-USS to provide AC power.

The AC Powerwall only accepts AC in for charging and only provides AC out when discharging. It does not require an external inverter to provide AC power, it can do that directly. It of course a DC battery, that is how it stores energy, but it does not provide DC out or accept DC in.

I urge anyone considering buying a Powerwall to consult with Tesla Energy directly or deal with a qualified system installer who has installed Powerwalls already. Figuring this stuff out can be confusing for the layperson. I am a "layperson", not an expert, and I am relying on what I have learned from Tesla Energy directly.
    I believe you are misunderstanding what that Powerwall information graphic is saying. The AC Powerwall does use an "internal inverter to convert DC energy to the AC energy required for your home". The "DC energy" referred to is the energy stored in the Powerwall battery cells. The DC Powerwall does not internally convert DC to AC, it requires a compatible external inverter.

Note that the Powerwall information graphic you posted does not specify whether it is describing the AC or the DC version. It appears to me to be a blend of both versions. Tesla has simplified their advertising to make it less confusing for the layperson. In the future they may release more details to the public. When you buy a Powerwall from Tesla Energy they will guide you as to which is the most appropriate model for your intended use.

• Informative x 1
  18. neroden

neroden Happy Model S Owner

I wonder why they don't have an AC/DC version yet. Maybe in Powerwall 3.0.

19. EvoAuto

EvoAuto Member

Looks like we will be able to use the Powerwall after all ;). That being said, moderator please remove this ad or consider it closed.

Now, just want for Tesla to contact us directly for the installation.

20. HankLloydRight

HankLloydRight Fluxing

In case anyone is following, I'll likely have one or two "founders" PW2s for sale.. so contact me privately if you're interested.