Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Powerwall 2 for sale

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course, it's brand new ;). I wanted to use it in my current house but the entire back portion of my house is already being used by my pool solar. I will however be designing my new home in the ne t couple years to accommodate two Tesla Powerwall(s).

Not happy about having to give it up but someone should benefit from it.

IMG_1479.jpg
IMG_1477.jpg
IMG_1478.jpg
View attachment 210629 View attachment 210628 View attachment 210630 The reatil cost of the Powerwall 2 is $5,500.00 The unit is liquid cooled, it is the DC version which then converts the power to AC with the built in inverter for home use. Here is a link for all of the specs. scroll to the bottom for all of the answers that have been asked.

Tesla Powerwall

it is the DC version which then converts the power to AC with the built in inverter for home use
That is not correct. My understanding, based on information I have received from Tesla Energy, is as follows:

The DC Powerwall accepts DC in for charging and provides DC out when discharging. It regulates its DC power internally. It must be connected to an external DC/AC inverter such as the the SolarEdge SE7600A-USS to provide AC power.

The AC Powerwall only accepts AC in for charging and only provides AC out when discharging. It does not require an external inverter to provide AC power, it can do that directly. It of course a DC battery, that is how it stores energy, but it does not provide DC out or accept DC in.

I urge anyone considering buying a Powerwall to consult with Tesla Energy directly or deal with a qualified system installer who has installed Powerwalls already. Figuring this stuff out can be confusing for the layperson. I am a "layperson", not an expert, and I am relying on what I have learned from Tesla Energy directly.
Did you happen to read the "All in One" part in the second section? I posted this to answer all of the questions asked.
I believe you are misunderstanding what that Powerwall information graphic is saying. The AC Powerwall does use an "internal inverter to convert DC energy to the AC energy required for your home". The "DC energy" referred to is the energy stored in the Powerwall battery cells. The DC Powerwall does not internally convert DC to AC, it requires a compatible external inverter.

Note that the Powerwall information graphic you posted does not specify whether it is describing the AC or the DC version. It appears to me to be a blend of both versions. Tesla has simplified their advertising to make it less confusing for the layperson. In the future they may release more details to the public. When you buy a Powerwall from Tesla Energy they will guide you as to which is the most appropriate model for your intended use.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: GSP and neroden
Status
Not open for further replies.