Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Powerwall 2 Founders Series Signed by Elon Musk, JB Straubel, and Franz von Holzhausen

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
At 264 pounds (plus packaging) shipping is going to be a challenge. I know that in general UPS and FedEx don't accept packages more than 70 pounds without going into a "freight" charge. It's going to take 2 or 3 people to move these things around. Might be better off using uShip to ship things around.

Reactions: flyingbathtub
At 264 pounds (plus packaging) shipping is going to be a challenge. I know that in general UPS and FedEx don't accept packages more than 70 pounds without going into a "freight" charge. It's going to take 2 or 3 people to move these things around. Might be better off using uShip to ship things around.

yeah, the best case scenario would definitely be to ship to the buyer's address directly from Tesla, not underestimating the difficulty of shipping lithium batteries either. :)

Shipping may be a nightmare and more expensive than you think. Someone at work was trying to ship a Segway and due to the size of the battery some companies wouldn't touch it for hazard reasons. If thinking of shipping you should find out early how much extra that part will cost for special handling.

What do you mean you should be able to win one? The referral period for that prize is over. You should know for sure whether you are getting one or not..?

I will be getting one as well, so I'm curious to see what kind of interest you get from people. There's only going to be a handful of these ever made. Surely a $2000 premium isn't nearly enough to let something go that is this special

• Funny
Reactions: bicycle
What do you mean you should be able to win one? The referral period for that prize is over. You should know for sure whether you are getting one or not..?

I will be getting one as well, so I'm curious to see what kind of interest you get from people. There's only going to be a handful of these ever made. Surely a $2000 premium isn't nearly enough to let something go that is this special

I got 10 referrals but only 1 delivered so far and the other orders are still processing, hence "SHOULD". Heard stories before where people missed out on their referral prize cause people cancelled their orders afterwards, so I will sit and wait till it is all delivered. :D

Shipping may be a nightmare and more expensive than you think. Someone at work was trying to ship a Segway and due to the size of the battery some companies wouldn't touch it for hazard reasons. If thinking of shipping you should find out early how much extra that part will cost for special handling.
Yeah hence I am keen to have a deal in place before Tesla asks for the shipping address

I'd like to see Tesla offer once again a service/sales credit for people who can't use a Powerwall 2.

After waiting 10 months for mine, I took the $3500 car discount from Tesla instead. I wouldn't be selling yours as there are still some waiting for delivery of theirs won over a year ago. Hopefully, Tesla doesn't bungle this prize as badly as the others.

After waiting 10 months for mine, I took the $3500 car discount from Tesla instead. I wouldn't be selling yours as there are still some waiting for delivery of theirs won over a year ago. Hopefully, Tesla doesn't bungle this prize as badly as the others.

Would the credit be equal to the $5500 retail value of the Powerwall 2? Or only $3500? I would think you could sell an Elon signed, limited edition PW2 for at least $5500, if not more, no?

Reactions: flyingbathtub