TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Powerwall 2 Founders Series Signed by Elon Musk, JB Straubel, and Franz von Holzhausen

Discussion in 'Tesla Parts for Sale' started by flyingbathtub, Jan 14, 2017.

1. flyingbathtub

flyingbathtub Member

Should be able to win one of these from the referral program it looks like! If up for sale would anyone be interested? Living in an apartment here...much as I like there's gonna be little use of it over here...

2. All-black-P85

All-black-P85 Member

3. flyingbathtub

flyingbathtub Member

Normal edition selling for $5500 I believe? Asking for $2000 premium, i.e. $7500.

4. flyingbathtub

flyingbathtub Member

Since there is still time, will try to ask Tesla to send directly the buyer's address, but if that fails, buyer pays shipping.

5. HankLloydRight

HankLloydRight Fluxing

At 264 pounds (plus packaging) shipping is going to be a challenge. I know that in general UPS and FedEx don't accept packages more than 70 pounds without going into a "freight" charge. It's going to take 2 or 3 people to move these things around. Might be better off using uShip to ship things around.

• Like x 1
  6. flyingbathtub

flyingbathtub Member

yeah, the best case scenario would definitely be to ship to the buyer's address directly from Tesla, not underestimating the difficulty of shipping lithium batteries either. :)

7. flyingbathtub

flyingbathtub Member

Now asking for $6000

8. Evee

Evee Member

I'm interested... my power wall won't install until march..

• Like x 1
  9. flyingbathtub

flyingbathtub Member

PM you when I wake up :)

10. Screwbal

Screwbal Member

Shipping may be a nightmare and more expensive than you think. Someone at work was trying to ship a Segway and due to the size of the battery some companies wouldn't touch it for hazard reasons. If thinking of shipping you should find out early how much extra that part will cost for special handling.

11. ThatGoogleGuy

ThatGoogleGuy Member

What do you mean you should be able to win one? The referral period for that prize is over. You should know for sure whether you are getting one or not..?

I will be getting one as well, so I'm curious to see what kind of interest you get from people. There's only going to be a handful of these ever made. Surely a $2000 premium isn't nearly enough to let something go that is this special

• Funny x 1
  12. HankLloydRight

HankLloydRight Fluxing

Conversely, the market that's willing to pay a substantial premium for a PW2 just because it's red and signed and limited production, is very, very, very, small.

• Like x 1
  13. flyingbathtub

flyingbathtub Member

I got 10 referrals but only 1 delivered so far and the other orders are still processing, hence "SHOULD". Heard stories before where people missed out on their referral prize cause people cancelled their orders afterwards, so I will sit and wait till it is all delivered. :D

14. flyingbathtub

flyingbathtub Member

Yeah hence I am keen to have a deal in place before Tesla asks for the shipping address

15. Sasmania

Sasmania Member

I will be winning one too that I won't be able to use.... I wonder how many others will be floating around for sale??

16. HankLloydRight

HankLloydRight Fluxing

I'd like to see Tesla offer once again a service/sales credit for people who can't use a Powerwall 2.

• Like x 1
  17. Reeler

Reeler 7th Year of Pure EV

After waiting 10 months for mine, I took the $3500 car discount from Tesla instead. I wouldn't be selling yours as there are still some waiting for delivery of theirs won over a year ago. Hopefully, Tesla doesn't bungle this prize as badly as the others.

18. flyingbathtub

flyingbathtub Member

Or the custom 21" aranchid wheels

19. flyingbathtub

flyingbathtub Member

You waited for 10 months for the other prizes you mean? I thought the Powerwall2 was new in the last referral?

20. Sasmania

Sasmania Member

Would the credit be equal to the $5500 retail value of the Powerwall 2? Or only $3500? I would think you could sell an Elon signed, limited edition PW2 for at least $5500, if not more, no?

• Like x 1