Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Powerwall 2 from referrals

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,
I live in Tahoe and have solar panels. I expect to receive a PW2 from the referral program, though I have not heard anything lately.

I am very interested in purchasing a second PW2 and was hoping that I could find someone who wants to sell their referral reward PW2... a win-win.

I might even buy two!

Thanks

I just received a call from Tesla to begin the process of installing my Founder's Series Powerwall. They informed me that the Powerwall will not be manufactured until the contract has been signed. This usually occurs after the onsite survey, design, permitting, and utility interconnect processes have been completed. The representative stated that it may take 6 months to get it installed. The dependency that has the most impact on the project is the utility company. I will be adding an additional Powerwall to my configuration to take advantage of the 9Kw Solar Array I have. I will also detail as much of the process as possible to give others some insight of the entire process.

They informed me that the Powerwall will not be manufactured until the contract has been signed.
This usually occurs after the onsite survey, design, permitting, and utility interconnect processes have been completed.
The representative stated that it may take 6 months to get it installed.

The above three points are 100% true based on my Powerwall install in 2017 (not through the referral program). They will be sending your documents to sign through Docusign, and I recommend that you also download them in PDF format and keep handy for future reference. While you can always log into Docusign in the future, I have no idea how long their retention policy is for documents once a project is marked closed.

I document my process, but since it also included SGIP, it is still on-going, but the portions that were outside of SGIP did take time as well. Your power utility is the one that slows down much of the process.

Powerwall 2 "waiting list"