TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Powerwall 2 from referrals

Discussion in 'Tesla Energy' started by Sandman1962, May 29, 2017.

1. Sandman1962

Sandman1962 Member

Hello,
    I live in Tahoe and have solar panels. I expect to receive a PW2 from the referral program, though I have not heard anything lately.

I am very interested in purchasing a second PW2 and was hoping that I could find someone who wants to sell their referral reward PW2... a win-win.

I might even buy two!

Thanks

2. HankLloydRight

HankLloydRight No Roads

3. nycmike

nycmike Member

Were you able to procur another powerwall?

4. Sandman1962

Sandman1962 Member

I have given ThatGoogleGuy a deposit on one, still waiting for Tesla. If the price were right, I would need one more!

5. NYEVDriver

NYEVDriver Member

I just received a call from Tesla to begin the process of installing my Founder's Series Powerwall. They informed me that the Powerwall will not be manufactured until the contract has been signed. This usually occurs after the onsite survey, design, permitting, and utility interconnect processes have been completed. The representative stated that it may take 6 months to get it installed. The dependency that has the most impact on the project is the utility company. I will be adding an additional Powerwall to my configuration to take advantage of the 9Kw Solar Array I have. I will also detail as much of the process as possible to give others some insight of the entire process.

6. zanary

zanary Member

The above three points are 100% true based on my Powerwall install in 2017 (not through the referral program). They will be sending your documents to sign through Docusign, and I recommend that you also download them in PDF format and keep handy for future reference. While you can always log into Docusign in the future, I have no idea how long their retention policy is for documents once a project is marked closed.

I document my process, but since it also included SGIP, it is still on-going, but the portions that were outside of SGIP did take time as well. Your power utility is the one that slows down much of the process.

Powerwall 2 "waiting list"