Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Powerwall 2 in Florida

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How far do the powerwalls stick out from the wall? I know the depth is 5.5" but after install? I would have to stack for the 2 I am getting.
His installation is hanging on the wall, even though they are close to the floor. If you stack, they must be supported by the floor, but anchored to the wall. Some people have foundation wall an inch or two high that sticks out further than the drywall, so a 2x4 bolted flat to the wall can help make up the distance so that the Powerwalls can sit flat on the ground and are still anchored flat to the wall.

His installation is hanging on the wall, even though they are close to the floor. If you stack, they must be supported by the floor, but anchored to the wall. Some people have foundation wall an inch or two high that sticks out further than the drywall, so a 2x4 bolted flat to the wall can help make up the distance so that the Powerwalls can sit flat on the ground and are still anchored flat to the wall.
My concrete and drywall are flush but I have conduit running on the concrete so I lose an inch with that. I would prefer to mount on the wall but that means moving inverter and 2 shut off boxes elsewhere. It will be interesting. Thanks.

i am asking about PV and PW combo. my self, (not roof, but panels)
I have 39 months data of exact and need 8kW for 105% moving avg of data
-----------snip---mostly--redacted---msg----------------------
.........Hi Robert,
We are hoping to open your area before the end of the year.
-------------snip----------x-------------
Sent: Friday, May 25, 2018 10:29 AM
To: tesla folksxxxxx.com
Subject: Re: RE: Tesla Powerwall and Solar panels
update on combo PV and powerwall please?
Cape Coral, Florida
-------------------snip-----------------

So, i gotta put a minimal deposit down, am getting re-roofed (thanks to hurricane Irma)

Have you reached out to Tesla recently? If so, any updates? Did Tesla provide any reasoning as to why they don't service Cape Coral, Sanibel, or Fort Myers... is it permitting, the utility provider, etc.?

After doing some online research, I know of several installations in Punta Gorda and Naples Florida. However, according to Tesla’s online ordering system, I was shocked to learn that our area (Cape Coral) might not be serviceable even though I am only 3 miles from Punta Gorda and Naples is just south of us. We are between these two cities, so this really doesn’t make any sense to me.

Have you reached out to Tesla recently? If so, any updates? Did Tesla provide any reasoning as to why they don't service Cape Coral, Sanibel, or Fort Myers... is it permitting, the utility provider, etc.?

After doing some online research, I know of several installations in Punta Gorda and Naples Florida. However, according to Tesla’s online ordering system, I was shocked to learn that our area (Cape Coral) might not be serviceable even though I am only 3 miles from Punta Gorda and Naples is just south of us. We are between these two cities, so this really doesn’t make any sense to me.
@mstgkillr
12/2018 I got 11,655w system with Enphase IQ7 microinverters as I didn't want to wait any longer
made ~17megawatt hours in 2019
no battery
with IQ8's become available will upgrade as they do microgrid w/o need of battery
I checked on price of powerwall and it was very pricey so deferred until later