Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Powerwall 2 Installation Manual

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All,

I've got some Powerwall 2's due to be installed in a few weeks. I'd like to ensure that cosmetically they fit in well and I'm planning on getting my builder to prepare the conduit cabling into my cement wall to ensure it's all pretty. To help with this prep though I'd like to know what the minimum separation b/w 2 powerwall 2's when wall mounted is and also what the top / bottom clearance looks like for these.

I'm guessing that most of this is answered in the Powerwall 2 installation manual (as opposed to the user manual). I can find copies of the v1 Powerwall install manual on the internet but not the Powerwall 2 install manual.

Does anyone have a copy they'd be able to share or failing that provide some guidance on what the spacing b/w the 2 powerwalls when wall mounted is?

I'd love to see the PW2 Install Manual too. I have a callback from Tesla I need to return and will request it. The best I can tell so far is from internet photos of real installs. Regarding those, if you stack them together front-to-back, the clearance required is quite small and they seem to supply stock spacers for this. But unlike PW1, I have not seen photos of side-to-side stock spacers or minimal distances between PW2. (Anyway I don't think they would make side spacers for PW2 since power switch, lighting, and exhaust is on the side). The PW1 side clearance spec was 4 in.

OK folks and @tysocom, these are the specs I got from Tesla on the space requirements for PW2 AC:

Minimum lateral wall space:

960 mm (38 in)

Minimum clearance from left side (air intake):

50 mm (2 in)

Minimum clearance from right side (air exhaust):

150 mm (6 in)

Minimum clearance above single Powerwall:

50 mm (2 in)

Minimum clearance above side-by-side Powerwalls:

300 mm (12 in)

Minimum clearance between side-by-side Powerwalls:

250 mm (10 in)

Maximum height above ground:

1 m (3.3 ft) to bottom of unit

Maximum slope:

+/ – 2° side-to-side +/– 5° front-to-back

• Informative
Reactions: RoBoRaT and Ulmo
What are the installation equipment parts/ box that allows power to be delivered to the powerwall and to the house when the grid is down- and shut down the grid tie solar power to the grid, but allow solar inverters to power up and charge the powerwall and house- when the grid is down??

What are the installation equipment parts/ box that allows power to be delivered to the powerwall and to the house when the grid is down- and shut down the grid tie solar power to the grid, but allow solar inverters to power up and charge the powerwall and house- when the grid is down??

The Tesla backup gateway is the key component that isolates the hose from the grid duing a power outage. It measures power flow (grid, solar, & home) and communicates with the Powerwall(s).