Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Powerwall 2 Installation?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I placed my powerwall reservation as soon as the form was on the site but I've yet to hear from anyone. I tried calling Tesla last week and was told I'd receive a callback from someone in the energy department but so far, that hasn't happened.

Has anyone actually had a powerwall 2 installed yet? If so, did they mention any delays?

By the way, how noisy is it when its air conditioner runs to cool it down?

It's really loud with its car. Can you install it on the outside wall of your bedroom and you can still be able to sleep without its thermoregulation noise on a very hot night?

I was contacted by phone. The Tesla representative said the installation date (planned for Feb.) is being moved out to March.

From what I hear Tesla will be training electricians here in Germany tomorrow, Feb. 14.
Ok, very nice. I'm also from Germany. Do you have any more info? Would also be interesting from an investor standpoint, how many units they can sell and install in Q1.

I got a call and an e-mail today. The e-mail notified me that I'm on the reservation list. In the call, their representative said that the Powerwalls (I reserved 2) should be delivered in the next 1-2 months, and that I'll be contacted about working with a Tesla licensed installer. When the rep saw that I was in California, he revised his estimate to "about a month".

I have two separate SolarCity installations (done about 2 years apart, each leased for 20 years). I'll likely get one wall installed on one PV system, and one on the other. Neither inverter that is installed would be able to handle a full 10 kW from the combined output of the two Powerwalls, so I suspect they'll be split this way. I'm not sure what kind of load I might have that would require a constant 10 kW (charging multiple vehicles + running A/C?), but redundancy seems like a good thing to me.