TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Powerwall 2 Installed

Discussion in 'Hawaii' started by PlugNPlay85, Jul 29, 2017.

Tags:
  1. PlugNPlay85

PlugNPlay85 Member

Hey guys,

Solar City / Tesla completed the install of my Powerwalls a couple days ago. Install took about 6 hours and they also painted everything.

Attached Files:

• Like x 3
  2. HankLloydRight

HankLloydRight Fluxing

Do you have any other photos of the shipping container? And how hard was it to move/maneuver around?

3. Akikiki

Akikiki A'-Lo-HA ! y'all

Wonderful. Congratulations to you. Lucky you - wish I had them (and more).

4. PlugNPlay85

PlugNPlay85 Member

The PWs were packaged in thick cardboard boxes with thick foam. The installers unloaded the PWs from their trucks with three people. They used a device called an "Escalera" <- not sure on the spelling.... It was all aluminum and looked like a hand truck with forks extending from the frame. The forks were attached to a hand crank to raise and lower the forks. The device does have a height limit though. My PW mounts were about 6in. short so they had to lift the PWs to click them to the mount. Mounting the PWs seemed to be the quick part. Placement of the Gateway (brain), sub panels and disconnects took time. The crew made sure I was ok with the placement of every single component needed.

• Like x 2
  5. gfab333

gfab333 Member

Congrats!

I'm considering a similar set up. What is the story on the PWs being exposed to some weather? Say the units get wet due to wind and rain coming in under your roof overhang?

• Like x 1
  6. PlugNPlay85

PlugNPlay85 Member

That shouldn't be a problem, the enclosures are NEMA 3R

• Like x 1