Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Powerwall 2 Installed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks Akikiki, our goals are actually pretty similar. What would be really nice would be the ability to disconnect the original system from the grid when it is down and then power both systems from the battery and the 2nd system solar panels. Think this might work?

I'm thinking I could have a computer or two set up for crytomining and any time it looks like seasonally-adjusted production is getting too far ahead of historic usage I can rev up the computers and make a little money with the extra electricity. Same thing with the two systems. Any time it looks like the battery is going to be maxed out I shift some usage (Tesla charging) to the second system and keep from losing electricity. My long-range Model 3 should be here at end of month, and that car fits into the game perfectly by normally being filled to about 60% of capacity but can take up to 80 or 90% capacity if I'm just going to be throwing the electricity away. With a little management, the system could be tweaked to perfection.

Last edited:
Besides mining bitcoins, there's another thing to do with any excess electricity generated on your second solar system with your Powerwall just about full: toss it into your Tesla! I plan to have a long range Model 3 soon, and I'll normally keep it only about 60% full. If there's a day with much above extra production, I can just drop 7-8 KWH of electricity into the car and free up a huge bunch of Powerwall space for extra production.

If I come up short on a day, I've already tunneled to Kaneohe using a Boring Company digging device (I have the hat to prove it!) and the connections into Akikiki's home system are complete. For this reason I encourage Akikiki to buy the maximum number of PowerWalls he can pull off. We're saving Nanimac's electrical system for powering my Kailua to Honolulu private hyperloop, but I'm getting ahead of myself and bettter not let the cat out of the bag yet.

• Funny
Reactions: nanimac
If I come up short on a day, I've already tunneled to Kaneohe using a Boring Company digging device (I have the hat to prove it!) and the connections into Akikiki's home system are complete. For this reason I encourage Akikiki to buy the maximum number of PowerWalls he can pull off. We're saving Nanimac's electrical system for powering my Kailua to Honolulu private hyperloop, but I'm getting ahead of myself and bettter not let the cat out of the bag yet.

Can’t wait for our first club drive via hyperloop!