Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Powerwall 2 Installs in Hawaii

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Of course I can't speak to all. But not me. As a matter of fact. I've had PV since 2009. Made 67 MKh's since. One meter. And I've been under HECO's EV TOU program since it was a pilot. I get a discount when buying back my kw's after 9 pm til 6:00 am. With one meter, everything in the house gets same discount i.e., washer/dryer/AC/dishwasher.

Hmm, yeah that sounds fishy since neither I nor fstop have PTO yet are getting solar production in the app(as you’re aware). So what exactly is Tesla saying, they can’t “turn on” solar production in the app until HECO issues the “official” PTO or whatever they call it? What a *sugar* show.

On the PTO topic, did they let you know they were coming prior to installing the second meter? I’m due any day now.

Tesla said that showing solar production in the app before getting official PTO is illegal, so they have it disabled. They said my system is producing power and charging the battery. Which can't be true because I connected to the gateway VIA wifi and I can see my battery is at 5% charge and dropping.

For the 2nd meter I got no notice they were coming out. It was a subcontractor for HECO who didn't even knock on my door, they went straight to the box and installed the meter.
I only knew the guy was at my house because my camera alert went off and I went outside.