Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Powerwall 2 Installs in Hawaii

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That might be a placeholder - the representative on the webinar mentioned they were re-starting the schedule in July. I'm hoping they start sooner. All the PV and powerwall equipment they left from my aborted installation has been sitting on my back patio gathering dust and dirt.

Tesla just called to confirm my install is on July 1st. Not a place holder date

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200525-120355_Yahoo Mail.jpg
    Screenshot_20200525-120355_Yahoo Mail.jpg
    165.4 KB · Views: 60
Reactions: Akikiki
I've asked my long time PV contractor (2008) to add 14 panels and two powerwalls to my house. They tell me Solaredge Inc is coming out with a new high efficiency energy storage product. So far just throwing a tantrum has not worked to convince them to do PWs. But I am now holding my breath until they give in to my demands (desires). We will see. Might have to go to another contractor.

Reactions: LN1_Casey
Does anyone know how far out from the install date are you able to pay Tesla?
According to the payment schedule that was in my contract, there are three payments due: 1st at contract signing, 2nd payment (50% of total for me) at commencement of installation, and 3rd due following building inspection approval (remaining 50% for me). IIRC, I think I was able to pay the first 50% once the contract document and design was approved online in my Tesla account. YMMV, since my system has a founders powerwall prize, and I'm adding another PW + additional panels.

I'm still waiting for install since October 2019 sign up. Tesla needed to redo the plans after they saw my ugly HECO meter setup.
Tesla has been blaming the long delay on HECO for not getting back to them. Responsible HECO guy for my area won't return any calls. Bummed I'm missing out on summer sun.

I approved my layout, got financing approved, and building permit approved to issue all on Friday. 8.16kw system with 2 PW’s in Makakilo. For anyone that has had solar + battery installed on Oahu, what metering plan did Tesla put you on? My paperwork said self supply but I thought CGS+ was the norm for new solar or solar + storage systems. All of the quotes I received from local companies stated CGS+.

Are all you folks contracting directly with Tesla for your PWs? I want to know who here has contracted with a company besides Tesla for PV and PW installations. I am shopping. Tesla won't do my roof, they don't like the material. So, who else is there? And any one of you in a townhouse vice a house? PM me if you wish.

I approved my layout, got financing approved, and building permit approved to issue all on Friday. 8.16kw system with 2 PW’s in Makakilo. For anyone that has had solar + battery installed on Oahu, what metering plan did Tesla put you on? My paperwork said self supply but I thought CGS+ was the norm for new solar or solar + storage systems. All of the quotes I received from local companies stated CGS+.
Where in the paperwork does it say what metering plan you are using?