Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Powerwall 2 Installs in Hawaii

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting. I happened to notice on my plans they sent me to submit to my HOA that it said “Utility: Hawaiian Electric (Self Supply)”. I’ve asked several of Tesla’s energy advisors about changing that to CGS+ and no one seems to understand what I’m asking or can’t say one or another. Where in your docs does it say CGS+? If you wouldn’t mind sharing a redacted screen grab I’d much appreciate it. I’m still a ways out from install but I’d imagine this will need to be fixed sooner rather than later. How long after permit approval did you get to schedule install? Thanks in advance.

None of the documents I got from Tesla said what plan I was on, but I got a email from HECO saying the permit was approved for a CGS+ plan

Attachments

• 20200628_215326.jpg
    20200628_215326.jpg
    363.2 KB · Views: 84
Reactions: Akikiki
How long does it take after install for the inspection to happen?

I'm wondering the same thing too. Tesla surprised me and had an unexpected opening in their schedule today so they came back to finish my COVID-aborted installation from March. Everything's done, but can't turn it on (why not?) until City inspector signs off and HECO signs off too. Installer said it might take at least a couple of weeks, but at least HECO is required to respond within 11 days after City inspection occurs.

I'm so tempted to just turn it on already. Or at least let it appear in the app. I have a Gateway 1, so I can't even connect to the gateway until I can get the serial # from the app. :confused:

In some ways, this form of Teslanxiety is worse than the car since it's all just sitting there teasing me... :mad:

• Funny
I think it's safe to say the inspector stopped by while I was at work.

The audio wasn't the best but it sounds like the inspector said something about the install was unacceptable :(

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200710-231459_Blink.jpg
    Screenshot_20200710-231459_Blink.jpg
    227 KB · Views: 52

The audio wasn't the best but it sounds like the inspector said something about the install was unacceptable :(

You can check the status and/or outcomes of your inspections on the DPP website. If you don’t know your building permit or application number you can search by address. They usually update statuses pretty quickly.

Reactions: InParadise

Looks like there's a Tesla representative, so I would assume the inspector must let Tesla know in advance when they're coming. Did they warn you in advance? Is the area where your PW installed secured? Just wondering if they're going to surprise me too because I turned on my system :p:D so I want to turn it off again before they arrive. :oops: I also want to take the opportunity to ask the representative because I think one of my panels is not working based on reading the inverter's display.

Looks like there's a Tesla representative, so I would assume the inspector must let Tesla know in advance when they're coming. Did they warn you in advance? Is the area where your PW installed secured? Just wondering if they're going to surprise me too because I turned on my system :p:D so I want to turn it off again before they arrive. :oops: I also want to take the opportunity to ask the representative because I think one of my panels is not working based on reading the inverter's display.

Tesla didn't warn me they were showing up. I had no idea the inspection happened until I got home and noticed my camera picked up activity on the side of my house.

Tesla didn't warn me they were showing up. I had no idea the inspection happened until I got home and noticed my camera picked up activity on the side of my house.
Ok, I guess I'll be a good boy and turn my system off tomorrow, although I don't see why. The additional panels & PW are under CGS+ and don't export to the grid, so why should it matter if I turn it on right away? Plus, my friend had a PV+PW system installed by another PV contractor and they left his on after the install was done, so why is mine any different?