Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Powerwall 2 Installs in Hawaii

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got 15 more panels and one powerwall in today. Very happy. Keep staring at the power flow meter. Lol.
It's added to an 8 panel NEM 1 system.

May I inquire who installed your additional panels and are they on NEM+? Did you sign a "Distributed Energy Resources Application Withdrawal Form" as part of HECO's approval of the expansion?

Just trying to get a 2nd opinion on what is being proposed for my NEM 1 system.

May I inquire who installed your additional panels and are they on NEM+? Did you sign a "Distributed Energy Resources Application Withdrawal Form" as part of HECO's approval of the expansion?

Just trying to get a 2nd opinion on what is being proposed for my NEM 1 system.
Ecosolar /Sunpower is who install it. Not sure what the name of the forms I signed. I'd have to look. Anyways, all I know is my old system continues as usual, where I'm "Selling" back unused energy and the new system simply feeds my battery when not feeding my house and if course, I'm not paid for any feed, if any, going back to the grid.

Reactions: gmtom1
I called around for estimates (while waiting) and was told by a major local company that he thinks Tesla is taking a big hit on their PV pricing. Made it sound like he couldn't get very close to the same deal I'm getting.
Then he questioned their longevity in the business at this pricing...etc.
FYI...

Could be. This time of year, everyone is trying to get scheduled for installations that they procrastinated about getting for the first 9 months. And to make it worse, the tax credit dips from 30% to 26% on 1 Jan 2020. That just adds to the pressure on buyers and contractors.

I signed my contract yesterday with Tesla to get a medium system and two powerwalls.
Does it really take 4-6 months for installation?
The contract says that, but Tesla sales (Britney) assures me 2 months. I signed 10/16ish.
I also confirmed that I read on Tesla order site that I can cancel anytime. I think it even said can cancel after install. Contract says 3 day right to cancel.

These days, I would not cancel. Even if my installation was after 1/1/20. I'd be disappointed for losing that 4%, but I would still do it.

My updated PV system has been online since 8/2. That's not 3 months yet. And I have produced 3.42 MWh I LOVE IT !

Reactions: HAWX 12
I'm still waiting for Tesla to come back to finish my aborted install. They hung the PWs, but couldn't install the panels in the original planned location. They then took forever to re-design, which led into a rescheduled appointment two months later that was then cancelled because the "team returned to California" due to the virus..... :mad:

I signed mine in October, and they finally scheduled my install for January. When they came out, they discovered the panels couldn't be mounted on my roof where they had planned so they called off the install until they could re-design. The re-design was finally done and ready to restart mid-March, then COVID hit and they called it off again.....

Tesla called me about 3 Fridays ago to say they are ready to install and will call me on Monday to schedule the install. 3 weeks Mondays have passed and no one called. I get the pandemic is messing things up but they should atleast follow up and promising something.

Tesla called me the other day and I got excited thinking they were calling to re-schedule my install date, but alas, it was just to check in and convey info on my Model Y reservation status. Frankly, right now, I'd rather have the PV install completed.

Tesla called me the other day and I got excited thinking they were calling to re-schedule my install date, but alas, it was just to check in and convey info on my Model Y reservation status. Frankly, right now, I'd rather have the PV install completed.
Yeah, they called me too.
I thought it was a nice gesture until I realized he was just a car salesman trying to sell me a car. Offered me a "deal" on a Model 3 instead of waiting for my MY!
$35k for an in stock M3 standard range.
I loveI my M3, but I'll wait.

• Informative
Reactions: LN1_Casey
Yeah, they called me too.
I thought it was a nice gesture until I realized he was just a car salesman trying to sell me a car. Offered me a "deal" on a Model 3 instead of waiting for my MY!
$35k for an in stock M3 standard range.
I loveI my M3, but I'll wait.

A standard range? They have a standard range in stock? I'm surprised, since they don't like making those.

Or was it a SR+?