Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Powerwall 2 Installs in Hawaii

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for the update. I contacted solaredge as well. They gave me a case number and asked me to forward it to Tesla. Just waiting for Tesla to provide me an update. Hoping this would make the replacement process a bit faster. Still can't believe the new inverter to be defective.

Good news. Last night I was searching key words in the new Stimulus Bill. It reads as though the 26% tax credit (due to fall to 22% 1 Jan) has been extended at 26% for two more years.

Follow up. My new PV and PWs will be installed on Thursday this week. My main rep with the company also told me that they tax credit has been extended at 26% for two more years. (yay)

• Love
Reactions: LN1_Casey
Well, I am a happy - very happy camper. My system is UP. Wow.

Briefly. Mid August this year, I reached out to Alternate Energy for Powerwalls.
8/31 - signed contract for AE to install 4.4 kW system/12 (370 watt) panels and 2 Powerwalls.
10/26 - AE completed the HOA Mod package for Board approval.
10/27 - package approved. And permission to proceed authorized. (Board said this package was most complete ever submitted for unit mod in 45+ years.)
12/23 - AE panel installation team arrived and installed 12 panels
12/24 - AE Powerwall and Inverter team arrived and completed 90% of installation.
12/30 - AE team arrived and completed the remaining portion of the Powerwall hookup and brought system online.

I was lucky AE found windows to start and complete my installation before year end. Qualifies me for 2020 tax credits.
Tesla did not want me as a client. They will not install panels on cedar shake roofs.
And no other Powerwall authorized contractor was interested in pursuing building permits because mine is a multi-family building (townhouse). AE got the permit and allowed the project to proceed.

My system is online since I do not export back to the grid. My other 35 panels are under NEM. So the 4.4 kW system is backup.
Reach out to me via PM if you wish for my AE rep that worked the magic for me.

Last edited:
It's crazy that we both had bad inverters. What is going on with Solaredge quality checks
Now that Tesla has their own inverters, I wonder if they can/will replace the faulty SolarEdge inverters with the Tesla units. It may be a stretch to expect "plug & play" compatibility, but it seems they owe it to you after the delays you suffered by their installation of defective equipment.