Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Powerwall 2 supply issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So here in Orlando, My PW reservations are from March of this year... I did a split install, so they installed my panels already but I was told I wouldn't get the PWs until late this year or early next... It sounds like some people are signing their contract and getting full installs shortly after even though I am still waiting... Anyone in the southeast getting a call for install of their PW or are only people who happen to live in the west getting them?

Has anyone considered a Pika Energy Inverter? I've been looking at them for a few months and I've been following the company for a while. I've gone ahead and asked for an installer to discuss a system. Not cheap really but outside of the powerwall this seems to have a nice simple setup and a decent battery (also Panasonic).
I'm in Orange County, California, I signed a contract earlier this year with a local solar company for a Pika Energy Harbor plus battery system that can store and release 15.3 kWh of energy per 24 hours. With the Pika system I had to replace my existing solar inverter with one that can interface with the Pika system. Then after months of minimal to no communications from the solar company they said they backed out of their deal with Pika and my signed contract. Instead they asked that I go with a LG 10 kWh based battery system with a new StorEdge inverter that had less energy storage and at a higher price versus the Pika system. I didn't go with the LG battery system and instead signed with Tesla for two Powerwalls, which doesn't need to replace my existing solar inverter.