Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Powerwall 2 supply issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know they have said that (solar installs), but we are talking YEARS here, not weeks or months. We are also talking years of LIES about availability. There have been many times that I have heard "yours is the next batch". How can this not be a lie when they have so many thousands of res holders and are shipping only dozens of units per month at most? Very frustrating. I am starting to feel like a sucker AGAIN! It would be nice to at least get a sincere apology and an admission of misleading me as a customer. At the very least they make promises they have no idea if they can keep and stick to it until they are a year late, then act like they are doing you a favor to let you buy the next thing they want a reservation for. Mostly I feel bad for investors since they seem to subsidize all of these great products that the lucky few actually get.
Tesla, Stop Telling Customers Lies! Even the faithful will abandon you at some point. Once reservations for vapor ware drop off, you will be done.

Also what a travesty that so many SGIP rebates like mine, will expire with Tesla telling me "any day" for a YEAR. If they told the truth to consumers and states, consumers could go with some solution that actually exists and not WASTE the rebates and the good they could do the environment. WASTE.

I have my reservation since Feb 2017, it is more than 18 months now. The only thing still keep me in the reservation is the fact that I locked in the price before they increase the PW2 price. Looking at a lot of complain about Customer Service, I'm highly consider looking at the LG Chem, which is gaining steam. My solar installer is doing the same thing because they get a lot of requests for home battery but Tesla can't provide them the product to sell/install.

The sad truth is, we all give our $500 to Tesla for more than a year (some are closing to 2 year), and we are not incurring any interest that we "loan" to Telsa! Looking back if I spend that $500 to buy Bitcoin back in Feb 2017 I would have $4000 before Bitcoin crash in Nov 2017, and as of today I would have $1200 worth of Bitcoin. That's the punch in the gut for me! The more I look at it the more I hated Tesla than a bank, at least bank give you tiny interest, nothing from Tesla!

Reactions: NuShrike
I have my reservation since Feb 2017, it is more than 18 months now. The only thing still keep me in the reservation is the fact that I locked in the price before they increase the PW2 price. Looking at a lot of complain about Customer Service, I'm highly consider looking at the LG Chem, which is gaining steam. My solar installer is doing the same thing because they get a lot of requests for home battery but Tesla can't provide them the product to sell/install.

The sad truth is, we all give our $500 to Tesla for more than a year (some are closing to 2 year), and we are not incurring any interest that we "loan" to Telsa! Looking back if I spend that $500 to buy Bitcoin back in Feb 2017 I would have $4000 before Bitcoin crash in Nov 2017, and as of today I would have $1200 worth of Bitcoin. That's the punch in the gut for me! The more I look at it the more I hated Tesla than a bank, at least bank give you tiny interest, nothing from Tesla!
Is there a LG Chem forum out there? I've looked and couldn't find any specific ones except whirlpool or solarpaneltalk.

I really like the community here, so it's hard to give it up for the more available LG Chem if there's no community. :-/

LG Chem batteries are also back ordered. Too much demand. And they are less powerful, have less capacitty, more expensive, and require an additional inverter.

Finally getting my solar installed in September, should be interesting to see when (if?) the PWs show up (reserved ("") two PWs in May 2018 (just remembered I had to include the year, lol...)).

(Solar was delayed by many weeks of runaround from the local utility on sizing, just BTW.)

But would you really have taken that $500 and put it into bitcoin? I get the argument but unless you were deciding that day between investing $500 into bitcoin or placing a pre-order for a powerwall, it's hard to say if you would really have done that.

But would you really have taken that $500 and put it into bitcoin? I get the argument but unless you were deciding that day between investing $500 into bitcoin or placing a pre-order for a powerwall, it's hard to say if you would really have done that.

I did, I was interested at crypto in Feb 2017, I decided to put the $500 to PW2, get my solar install in June, then when on vacation. After vacation I put money into Bitcoin in July. I didn't have much cash flow back in Feb 2017 that's when I have to choose either PW2 or Bitcoin. After my vacation, I have more cash flow so I invested in crypto.

LG Chem batteries are also back ordered. Too much demand. And they are less powerful, have less capacitty, more expensive, and require an additional inverter.

Demand on LG Chem surge because Tesla couldn't get their act together.
LG Chem is going to release a 13Kw system. If you look at the link I provided above, the person who have the LG posted some information about the software. The Time of Use is very mature compare to Tesla. Yes the LG is more expensive, but looking at the way Tesla treating us, many of us come to the point that it could worth bit more to pay for more mature product and BETTER customer service.

I don't know what 's the wait time for LG, if there is a chance to get LG Chem installed in 2019 and get the 30% Federal credit, wouldn't that be better than getting the Tesla in 2020 and get 25% Federal Credit? Many people are waiting for the PW in order to install PV, so the Federal/SGIP is getting less the longer they wait.

I just talked to Tesla about a panels and PW contract, and they said they can't install anything until they have all the parts, so, if you want a panel install, you need to do the PW's separately. He sounded like 6-8 months for PW, but this above sounds like even worse!

Edit: One of the reasons for the PW wait was the Puerto Rico installs, which makes sense. I put in a reservation for two, to start the ball rolling on that part.

I am in PR and have been waiting over 7x months and still no date. Going a different direction if no schedule in next 30 days.

Hey, Myke Hines, Did the install happen this week?

I was told by my installer (Swell Energy) that Tesla promised them they finally have a shipment actually on trucks and actually on the way. According to Tesla, they will get the units, and I will get me install in a week or less....however, Tesla said the same thing twice already in the last year and it turned out to be a lie (they obviously knew the batteries were not en-route then). Fingers crossed!
-Tony