Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Powerwall 2 "waiting list"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would imagine that we (Californians) are giving Tesla a lot of business with our state's incentive program which can in some instances cover the cost of battery and installation. Do you mind telling how much your powerwall costs where???

I'm in the San Bernardino mountains. I am having 2 powerwalls installed. I had to upgrade my panel to 200 Amp, switch, permits and installation on my contract is about $15,000. My confirmed reservation rebate (at tier 1) is $11,600, meaning my out of pocket is about $3,400 for the 2 powerwalls.

I have some more movement from SGIP... Getting really close to hopefully getting my SGIP payment

Here's the original list with the most recent update is at the bottom.

November 14, 2016 - Placed Deposit for Quantity 1 Powerwall 2
Early April, 2016 - Received a call to scheduled my on-site picture and measurement session
April 27, 2017 - Tesla technician came onsite to take pictures of all my panels, meters, and entire garage with full measurements.
May 8, 2017 - Using Docusign, I received my quote for my system, including diagrams on where they have to install the Powerwall based on code, along with a much of legal stuff.
May 25, 2017 - I signed all the Docusigns after going back and forth asking clarification on a few of the items.
May 30, 2017 - I received another Docusign from the SGIP Incentive team asking me to provide details so they can complete my SGIP application on my behalf. Completed their questionnaire, including 4 or 5 PG&E bills and something else I can't remember right now
June 6, 2017 - Received email from PG&E/SGIP stating that "You've received a conditional rebate confirmation for Step 2 of the SGIP rebate program for your Powerwall".
July 29, 2017 - Received a call from Tesla stating that my area (I'm guessing my Zip Code) now has Interconnect Licenses from PG&E so we can pick an install date. I picked the 1st date in the system which was Sept 13, 2017 with a walk-through inspection with the master electrician on Sept 11, 2017.
Sept 11, 2017 - Master Electrician came onsite to talk about the install, review the location of the install, review all of the panels, and took notes. This took about 2 hours in total
Sept 13, 2017 - Two electrician came on site and start the install. Work stared around 9am and completed around 4pm. Installation could not be completed because the Powerwall/Gateway could not be provisioned. My Wireless Wifi unit had an additional security service turned on which prevent communication to the NOC.
Sept 14, 2017 - Another electrician came onsite to complete the installation as soon as I discovered the security service was blocking connections to the Tesla NOC and I had it turned off. Everything was provisioned correctly.
Sept 15, 2017 - I received one more Docusign from Tesla which contains the PG&E Interconnect Licenses that I need to review, sign and send back which I did.
Sept 22, 2017 - Alameda county inspection was scheduled for the early afternoon. Tesla electricians came back onsite because they forgot they needed to put a Nerio monitoring device around my 60amp breaker for my Tesla Wall Connector so when in use it's energy usage would appear under the HOME category in the Tesla App. Inspection by Alameda County completed without issue around noon.
Oct 10, 2017 - I received an email from PG&E with the following "Thank you for submitting an Interconnection Request Non-Export License...".
Oct 26, 2017 - I received an email from the SGIP Program titled "SGIP Confirmed Reservation Letter". Looks like my money is now received for a total of 12 months from today, and they want the final documents to be uploaded (i.e. Incentive Claim Documents). Tesla/SolarCity will be doing that, and once SGIP receives those documents, the email indicates "Upon receipt of the Incentive Claim documents, a third-party entity will conduct an inspection of the SGIP installation to verify that the project is operational, interconnected and conforms to the eligibility criteria of the program. Payment of the incentive will be made after these items have been completed and verified."
November 9, 2017 - Received an email from PG&E SGIP. "This Non-Export Solar Battery Storage interconnection application for the above customer has been assigned to me on 11/08/2017. I will be assisting you in the interconnection process. This is only an acknowledgment and I shall be sending you a Follow Up email once I have reviewed the files to make sure we have what we need to commence the Initial Review for this Non-Export project. Your application needs to be reviewed by our planning engineer...".

December 11, 2017
- I received another email from PG&E SGIP. They have informed me that "Field Metering Services team is now coordinating with SolarCity/Tesla for the final inspection.".
December 11, 2017 - In a second email I received from PG&E SGIP, they have sent me copies of my original "PTO Letter and executed Interconnection Agreement for this Non-Export Tesla AES generator" after they have accepted and signed it, which is why they can now schedule the onsite final inspection.

Summary: Looks like we're moving to the final two steps, (1) On site inspection, and (2) Issuing me my SGIP rebate for my Quantity 2 Powerwall (no solar).

I'll update this list once I get to whatever that next step is.

I have some more movement from SGIP... Getting really close to hopefully getting my SGIP payment

Early April, 2016 - Received a call to scheduled my on-site picture and measurement session
April 27, 2017 - Tesla technician came onsite to take pictures of all my panels, meters, and entire garage with full measurements.
May 8, 2017 - Using Docusign, I received my quote for my system, including diagrams on where they have to install the Powerwall based on code, along with a much of legal stuff.
May 25, 2017 - I signed all the Docusigns after going back and forth asking clarification on a few of the items.
May 30, 2017 - I received another Docusign from the SGIP Incentive team asking me to provide details so they can complete my SGIP application on my behalf. Completed their questionnaire, including 4 or 5 PG&E bills and something else I can't remember right now
June 6, 2017 - Received email from PG&E/SGIP stating that "You've received a conditional rebate confirmation for Step 2 of the SGIP rebate program for your Powerwall".
July 29, 2017 - Received a call from Tesla stating that my area (I'm guessing my Zip Code) now has Interconnect Licenses from PG&E so we can pick an install date. I picked the 1st date in the system which was Sept 13, 2017 with a walk-through inspection with the master electrician on Sept 11, 2017.
Sept 11, 2017 - Master Electrician came onsite to talk about the install, review the location of the install, review all of the panels, and took notes. This took about 2 hours in total
Sept 13, 2017 - Two electrician came on site and start the install. Work stared around 9am and completed around 4pm. Installation could not be completed because the Powerwall/Gateway could not be provisioned. My Wireless Wifi unit had an additional security service turned on which prevent communication to the NOC.
Sept 14, 2017 - Another electrician came onsite to complete the installation as soon as I discovered the security service was blocking connections to the Tesla NOC and I had it turned off. Everything was provisioned correctly.
Sept 15, 2017 - I received one more Docusign from Tesla which contains the PG&E Interconnect Licenses that I need to review, sign and send back which I did.
Sept 22, 2017 - Alameda county inspection was scheduled for the early afternoon. Tesla electricians came back onsite because they forgot they needed to put a Nerio monitoring device around my 60amp breaker for my Tesla Wall Connector so when in use it's energy usage would appear under the HOME category in the Tesla App. Inspection by Alameda County completed without issue around noon.
Oct 10, 2017 - I received an email from PG&E with the following "Thank you for submitting an Interconnection Request Non-Export License...".
Oct 26, 2017 - I received an email from the SGIP Program titled "SGIP Confirmed Reservation Letter". Looks like my money is now received for a total of 12 months from today, and they want the final documents to be uploaded (i.e. Incentive Claim Documents). Tesla/SolarCity will be doing that, and once SGIP receives those documents, the email indicates "Upon receipt of the Incentive Claim documents, a third-party entity will conduct an inspection of the SGIP installation to verify that the project is operational, interconnected and conforms to the eligibility criteria of the program. Payment of the incentive will be made after these items have been completed and verified."
November 9, 2017 - Received an email from PG&E SGIP. "This Non-Export Solar Battery Storage interconnection application for the above customer has been assigned to me on 11/08/2017. I will be assisting you in the interconnection process. This is only an acknowledgment and I shall be sending you a Follow Up email once I have reviewed the files to make sure we have what we need to commence the Initial Review for this Non-Export project. Your application needs to be reviewed by our planning engineer...".
December 11, 2017
- I received another email from PG&E SGIP. They have informed me that "Field Metering Services team is now coordinating with SolarCity/Tesla for the final inspection.".
December 11, 2017 - In a second email I received from PG&E SGIP, they have sent me copies of my original "PTO Letter and executed Interconnection Agreement for this Non-Export Tesla AES generator" after they have accepted and signed it, which is why they can now schedule the onsite final inspection.

December 14, 2017 - I actually received a hand signed copy of my PG&E Generating Facility Interconnection Agreement for Non-Export Generating Facilities letter. It was hand signed by the "Supervisor. Electric Grid Interconnection". It also has stapled to it the full electrical diagram of my setup and how each piece is connected.

Summary: Looks like we're moving to the final two steps, (1) On site inspection, and (2) Issuing me my SGIP rebate for my Quantity 2 Powerwall (no solar).

December 11, 2017 - I received another email from PG&E SGIP. They have informed me that "Field Metering Services team is now coordinating with SolarCity/Tesla for the final inspection.".

December 14, 2017 - I actually received a hand signed copy of my PG&E Generating Facility Interconnection Agreement for Non-Export Generating Facilities letter. It was hand signed by the "Supervisor. Electric Grid Interconnection". It also has stapled to it the full electrical diagram of my setup and how each piece is connected.

Did you get the Dec. 14th documents from Tesla/Solar City or from utility?

December 11, 2017

Latest Updates are Below

Jan 1, 2018 - I sent an email to my "PG&E Interconnect Manager" assigned to my SGIP submission. She informed me that her piece has been complete which is issuing me the interconnect license for my Powerwall. She advised that I should contact the PG&E SGIP Incentive Claim team to get status on my rebate check.
Jan 1, 2018 - I sent the PG&E SGIP Incentive Claim team an email asking for status.
Jan 2, 2018 - I received an email back from them stating that to get the SGIP rebate check, you need to complete the two step SGIP process. The first step is the RRF Reservation request form, which has been completed by Tesla/Solar City. Now that I have received my PTO Permission to Operate Interconnection Licenses, now Tesla/Solar City needs to apply for the ICF Incentive Claim Form which is the second and final step.
Jan 2, 2018 - I sent an email to my Tesla/Solar City assigned Sales Support Specialists asking them what is the next step in submitting the ICF Incentive Claim Form.
Jan 2, 2018 - I received an email from my Sales Support Specialists, and they advised me that the form is being prepared, and by weeks end I'll get a Docusign email asking me to sign it. Once signed, it will be submitted to PG&E/SGIP team and within 4 to 8 weeks will be processed by PG&E/SGIP team. I can follow up with PG&E/SGIP Incentive Team in about 2 weeks to get status of my rebate.

This is possibly the longest process to get a rebate check that I've ever been involved in.

• Informative
Reactions: Kren and NuShrike

December 11, 2017

Holy crap, they just really, really care about the environment to make you jump through that many hoops to make sure you really, really care about the environment. Based on this, I think Tesla is going to put all utilities out of business.

• Funny
Reactions: NuShrike and GreenT
Holy crap, they just really, really care about the environment to make you jump through that many hoops to make sure you really, really care about the environment. Based on this, I think Tesla is going to put all utilities out of business.

You know, if you didn't want the SGIP rebate, the whole process is so much easier and quicker. SGIP really takes the fun out of it, but for $9200 rebate on a $13,500 purchase, it worth it... well I saw that once the check arrives in the mail.

Until then, the saga continues.

Reactions: Yuri_G
Had 2 PW2 installed on 11/29. Got the email saying my rebate was reserved from SCEdison, reserved until October 2018. Radio silence from TESLA / Solar City after that. I've called a few times with no luck on what the next steps are to receive my level 2 check (approx.$9K). Should I keep pushing or is this 1month+ delay the norm?

Had 2 PW2 installed on 11/29. Got the email saying my rebate was reserved from SCEdison, reserved until October 2018. Radio silence from TESLA / Solar City after that. I've called a few times with no luck on what the next steps are to receive my level 2 check (approx.$9K). Should I keep pushing or is this 1month+ delay the norm?
I think you're in the process where SCE needs to send Tesla/Solar City the internet connect licenses for your docusign signatures. Then they get it back and review it through some sort of process. Then they send you a final version that they have signed. At that point, the Tesla can proceed to submit your rebate application to SCE/SGIP and eventually you'll get paid.

That's where I am now. Tesla is preparing my Rebate application which I need to sign and then subject tot PG&E/SGIP and then I'll hopefully get paid in about 4 weeks.

Thanks
I think you're in the process where SCE needs to send Tesla/Solar City the internet connect licenses for your docusign signatures. Then they get it back and review it through some sort of process. Then they send you a final version that they have signed. At that point, the Tesla can proceed to submit your rebate application to SCE/SGIP and eventually you'll get paid.

That's where I am now. Tesla is preparing my Rebate application which I need to sign and then subject tot PG&E/SGIP and then I'll hopefully get paid in about 4 weeks.

Thanks! Much appreciated and keep the updates coming!

Got this info and signed my ICF today. Almost there.

"1. Tesla will submit this Incentive Claim Form (ICF) to SGIP shortly after receipt of the ICF, receipt of Permission to Operate (PTO) from the utility and when we have confirmed the ongoing testing process with SGIP. 2. SGIP will review the ICF, which typically takes three to four weeks. 3. Once the review is complete, your home may be chosen for an inspection based on a lottery system. SGIP will notify you in advance if your home is selected. a. The intent of the inspection is to confirm your installation complies with SGIPs requirements and matches all documents submitted. b. You will be required to be on-site to guide the inspector to Powerwall and your main electrical panel. 4. The inspector will submit his/her report to SGIP for review, which typically takes two to three weeks. 5. Upon final approval of the Incentive Claim Form and completed field verification visit, SGIP will issue a final ICF approval Letter. The SGIP check will be mailed to you within 30 days after final approval.

In summary, once the forms are signed and received by Tesla, you should expect your rebate check within 90 days. After we submit your documents to SGIP, the processing times are largely in the hands of SGIP Program Administrators and not Tesla. Over the next five years you’ll need to meet SGIP’s minimum requirement. For each Powerwall installed, this means discharging 687 kWh of Powerwall’s capacity to meet your home’s energy needs every 12 months. This is intended to ensure that the Powerwall reduces strain on the grid by reducing the amount of power you are drawing from the system during peak periods. To learn how meet these requirements and ensure your Powerwall is in Self-Powered mode, please visit our SGIP FAQ."

"1. Tesla will submit this Incentive Claim Form (ICF) to SGIP shortly after receipt of the ICF, receipt of Permission to Operate (PTO) from the utility and when we have confirmed the ongoing testing process with SGIP. 2. SGIP will review the ICF, which typically takes three to four weeks. 3. Once the review is complete, your home may be chosen for an inspection based on a lottery system. SGIP will notify you in advance if your home is selected. a. The intent of the inspection is to confirm your installation complies with SGIPs requirements and matches all documents submitted. b. You will be required to be on-site to guide the inspector to Powerwall and your main electrical panel. 4. The inspector will submit his/her report to SGIP for review, which typically takes two to three weeks. 5. Upon final approval of the Incentive Claim Form and completed field verification visit, SGIP will issue a final ICF approval Letter. The SGIP check will be mailed to you within 30 days after final approval.

In summary, once the forms are signed and received by Tesla, you should expect your rebate check within 90 days. After we submit your documents to SGIP, the processing times are largely in the hands of SGIP Program Administrators and not Tesla. Over the next five years you’ll need to meet SGIP’s minimum requirement. For each Powerwall installed, this means discharging 687 kWh of Powerwall’s capacity to meet your home’s energy needs every 12 months. This is intended to ensure that the Powerwall reduces strain on the grid by reducing the amount of power you are drawing from the system during peak periods. To learn how meet these requirements and ensure your Powerwall is in Self-Powered mode, please visit our SGIP FAQ."

Awesome. Thanks for sharing. I'm awaiting my ICF form from Tesla... Sounds like from this point with an on-site inspection, it's up to 13 more weeks to get the SGIP rebate...

• Funny
Reactions: NuShrike

I also received my ICF form but what's funny is my install is not complete yet. It was supposed to be done yesterday but PG&E canceled as I previously posted. I unfortunately can't sign it yet because I can't attest to the fact that it is operating as specified since it isn't yet.

arnold

I also received my ICF form but what's funny is my install is not complete yet. It was supposed to be done yesterday but PG&E canceled as I previously posted. I unfortunately can't sign it yet because I can't attest to the fact that it is operating as specified since it isn't yet.

arnold
Wow, looks like they are really trying to get your rebate processed. I guess they want to clear their queue so Step 3 can open.

I have some more movement from SGIP... Getting really close to hopefully getting my SGIP payment.

Like others I also received my ICF form. Signed and sent it back to Tesla right away.

--------------

December 11, 2017
Jan 1, 2018 - I sent an email to my "PG&E Interconnect Manager" assigned to my SGIP submission. She informed me that her piece has been complete which is issuing me the interconnect license for my Powerwall. She advised that I should contact the PG&E SGIP Incentive Claim team to get status on my rebate check.
Jan 1, 2018 - I sent the PG&E SGIP Incentive Claim team an email asking for status.
Jan 2, 2018 - I received an email back from them stating that to get the SGIP rebate check, you need to complete the two step SGIP process. The first step is the RRF Reservation request form, which has been completed by Tesla/Solar City. Now that I have received my PTO Permission to Operate Interconnection Licenses, now Tesla/Solar City needs to apply for the ICF Incentive Claim Form which is the second and final step.
Jan 2, 2018 - I sent an email to my Tesla/Solar City assigned Sales Support Specialists asking them what is the next step in submitting the ICF Incentive Claim Form.
Jan 2, 2018 - I received an email from my Sales Support Specialists, and they advised me that the form is being prepared, and by weeks end I'll get a Docusign email asking me to sign it. Once signed, it will be submitted to PG&E/SGIP team and within 4 to 8 weeks will be processed by PG&E/SGIP team. I can follow up with PG&E/SGIP Incentive Team in about 2 weeks to get status of my rebate.

Jan 11, 2018 - Received an email from Tesla via Docusign that my ICF is ready for signature. Went into Docusign signed it, and sent it back to Tesla. Now I wait for one of three things. (1) Lottery selections for onsite inspection, (2) Validation of my ICF claim, (3) Receive my SGIP incentive check. 12 weeks remaining if not sooner.

This is possibly the longest process to get a rebate check that I've ever been involved in.

• Informative
Reactions: Kren and NuShrike
I received my ICF on 1/9 but they had my mailing address wrong. I am waiting for the updated ICF. However, yesterday I received a phone call from Tesla to schedule my onsite inspection for this coming Tuesday. My PWs have been installed for just over three weeks. As soon as I get the updated ICF, I will sign and send back in. Apparently Tesla is busy sending out a lot of ICFs from what Tesla told me.

• Informative
Reactions: Kren
I received a phone call from Tesla to schedule my onsite inspection for this coming Tuesday. My PWs have been installed for just over three weeks.

One question.

(1) You mention inspection. Is this the Permit Inspection, the SGIP Interconnect License Inspection which is optional depending on the size and scale of what you're doing, or the ICF inspection which is scheduled once the SGIP team receives your ICF submission that is all signed?

In my case, i've had my Powerwalls installed back in September, but it takes a long time to submit the Internet Connection License form, and get the PTO acceptance, both of which was required for my PG&E/SGIP process.

One question.

(1) You mention inspection. Is this the Permit Inspection, the SGIP Interconnect License Inspection which is optional depending on the size and scale of what you're doing, or the ICF inspection which is scheduled once the SGIP team receives your ICF submission that is all signed?

In my case, i've had my Powerwalls installed back in September, but it takes a long time to submit the Internet Connection License form, and get the PTO acceptance, both of which was required for my PG&E/SGIP process.

I'm not sure, but my guess it is the final inspection for the permit signoff. Since I have not signed my ICF yet, I can't think of anything else. Hopefully, I get my revised ICF today and will sign immediately and send back in