TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Powerwall 2 Web UI Issues

Discussion in 'Tesla Energy' started by Dom_t, Nov 17, 2018.

1. Dom_t

Dom_t Member

Hey Guys,

Love my Powerwall, apart from the cumbersome install via our local company here in Sydney. The Web UI seems to change it's IP address nearly every week now! Almost like Tesla knows that I'm gaining access to the Installer backend of the Interface. (Just simple stuff like updating wifi connectivity) Maybe it's an issue with my home router??, as we Have a static IP for the whole house. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Love the Forum BTW.

-Dom

2. power.saver

power.saver Supporting Member

Your ISP is providing you a static IP but your router is assigning a local IP to every device connected to it. You need to configure your router to give the gateway a static IP on your LAN, and then it won't change anymore. You'll need the MAC address of the gateway to do this.

3. Dom_t

Dom_t Member

Awesome! Thank you