Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Powerwall- Adding 2nd Solar System

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I currently have a solar panel system connected to two Powerwalls. I'm considering adding a second solar panel system, and I want the second solar panel system to also connect to the Powerwalls (both solar panel system connected to the PWs). This way the Powerwalls will get charged quickly, solar energy to to run the house when the PWs are in standby, and more energy going to the grid.

Is this setup possible?

I currently have a solar panel system connected to two Powerwalls. I'm considering adding a second solar panel system, and I want the second solar panel system to also connect to the Powerwalls (both solar panel system connected to the PWs). This way the Powerwalls will get charged quickly, solar energy to to run the house when the PWs are in standby, and more energy going to the grid.

Is this setup possible?
Yes, my system evolved that same way. I even have different generations of the two systems, one with a single sunny boy inverter and the other with micro inverters. The two systems were installed by different companies too. it all worked out fine but I’d agree if you were happy with the 1st installer, use them for the second set of panels.