Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Powerwall and high heat!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mine is similar in hot weather. I think there is a 2 degree difference between it is too hot so turn on the A/C to it is cool enough so turn it off. I've never seen this value to be adjustable in any thermostat.

FWIW, the Lennox iComfort has a setting to override the comfort mode and force a 3 or 4 degree temperature differential before it starts/stops the gear. This helps reduce short cycling but also kind of makes it a tad bit chilly before it shuts off the AC.

BTW @SMAlset , I have two 3 ton units that combined with the air handlers take 5.1 kW when both are running. These are regular scroll compressors (not the more efficient variable speed units that I now wish I had) which are supposed to be 18 to 20 SEER units.

So if you ever wanted to estimate what energy you'd save by getting a new smaller tonnage with a nice inverter driven compressor, it looks like you could almost cut AC consumption in half. If you run the ACs a lot, It may be worth the money to invest a bit before the current unit breaks down.

• Informative
Reactions: SMAlset