Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Powerwall - Availability and Pricing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered my Powerwalls last January and at that time was given an estimate of 12 months give or take. Just called the supplier/installer today - his reply was along the lines of with Tesla you never know, may be December, may be sooner, may be later!!
Just out of interest I discovered the other day that the installer recently did some work on the Balmoral estate for Queenie so I reckon he should be ok!!

Ordered my Powerwalls last January and at that time was given an estimate of 12 months give or take. Just called the supplier/installer today - his reply was along the lines of with Tesla you never know, may be December, may be sooner, may be later!!
Just out of interest I discovered the other day that the installer recently did some work on the Balmoral estate for Queenie so I reckon he should be ok!!

Powerwalls should be coming with "By Royal Appointment" crests now!

Seems very expensive compared to alternatives. Which company quoted that price if you don't mind me asking?
Yes I know but u fortunately I’ve got it in my head it’s this particular one that I want and suits my needs most. It’s from a company called H2ECO based very locally to me

That does seem a bit like you’re being fleeced, if I’m honest.
Definitely get another survey. I suspect most all installers will be making a tidy profit, though, as the demand is so great…
Yes it does seem so compared to the amounts quoted here but there is no breakdown for parts and labour cost on the final quote.

I know sometimes there is a premium due to demand but I usually find it’s for stuff you can get eminently or fairly soon…. Not on a 12 month lead time and probably the rest…

Well, I am having two more PWs installed on my system and it’s costing me £15.000 (ish) fitted. Of course this does mean no Gateway, but still seems significantly cheaper than your quote.
I did place the order nearly 2 years ago, though, so I’m not sure if Tesla honoured the original price at the time of order…

Get a few panels to get 0% VAT - I did that.
Yes, I think this what ill have to do. My roof positioning is not really suitable at the top hence not worth the scaffolding for it... I do have a brick shed that is low but even worst... they'll have to stick it where the sun dont shine then I suppose!

I dont know why the government bothers with these grants etc.... They all seem to get sucked up by the trade and mostly "we" dont benefit... I must be in the wrong job...🤔

You‘ve got me thinking now as I’m in the market for a PW2. But, wouldn’t the cost of installing a couple of panels and inverter negate any VAT savings?
20% on the PW cost must be £1,900. You could get a small inverter and a few panels for that and benefit from the extra free power. The maths worked for me when I added 4 extra panels and a small inverter.

Reactions: MadScientist
I must have missed it, when did the PW2 allow DC coupling?

It does not. My apologies. That would be the powerwall plus upon research and not sold over here unfortunately. Just me thinking it logically would. However thank you for pointing this out to me. I think due to the waiting times and and aparent price hikes, I might be better off going pylontech route with hybrid inverter and scale up that way. Unfortunately, as times passes by without a battery is literally money wasted/added to the cost of the battery imho.

My apologies again and looking back, it was a couple of hasted comments regardless. I must try harder...