TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Powerwall availability on the east coast?

Discussion in 'Tesla Energy' started by NedBevFan, Aug 24, 2016.

1. NedBevFan

NedBevFan Member

My parents are considering a solar project at their house, they both have CPAP/BIPAP machines, and find it very difficult to sleep without them. They've had enough power outages lately, that I suggested they look into a solar grid connected backup system for their house, have a battery for overnight, etc... and get 'credit' from their power company for any energy they pump back into the grid beyond what they store at the house. Being a Tesla enthusiast, I naturally pointed them at the Powerwall for the battery portion of the system. They live in VA, and they have a local solar company who will handle the panels, inverter etc... along with the installation overall.

My dad asked me if the Powerwall was available to order . I'm still window shopping barring a sudden raise from my job (yeah... that'll happen....) so I put it to those who've ordered or know more than I do...can they get a Powerwall (or two if they need more capacity) in Virginia?

2. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

As far as I know, Tesla Energy is installing Powerwalls throughout the US. But that doesn't mean your parents can just call up and get one shipped to them immediately. Installations are just ramping up. All you can do is email Tesla Energy through the Tesla website and see if they respond.

3. NedBevFan

NedBevFan Member

thanks, I'll let him know.