Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Powerwall availability

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My 2 are being installed this Friday Oct 30. I ordered on July 2. Was told in Mid July that install might not be until 2021. Permit came last week and all of a sudden everything started moving. When I called to schedule the install yesterday they said they could do it at 8 am today. Whoa! that is a little too quick, I asked for the next date and that is this Friday. Still waiting on the interconnect document I need to sign. They are resending that.

My third party installer has been advising a Jan/Feb delivery of the two powerwalls they ordered for me in September. Said they’re telling new customers to expect a 6-9 month wait right now.

Seems faster than that if you go direct with Tesla. Potentially much faster if you order them the same time as a solar install.

I have been back ordered since January with no end in sight.

It seems odd that it’s taken that long for you. The supply constraint issue really seems to have only started within the last month or two.

Is your order directly with tesla or with a third party? Were there other things that delayed your install, like permit issues or tesla not servicing your area?

It seems odd that it’s taken that long for you. The supply constraint issue really seems to have only started within the last month or two.

Is your order directly with tesla or with a third party? Were there other things that delayed your install, like permit issues or tesla not servicing your area?

what shall be interesting to see with the PUC changes, that many well SGIP applications maybe canceled, is will this help with the supply issues.

My issue is Tesla says they do not service NE Tennessee. A solar company I work part time with have been trying to become a certified installer for over a year now. I was told there is a shortage and they are not adding partners since they are behind.

I ordered my 2 PW and small solar layout from Tesla due to their price. Order placed 8/16, installation was 9/23. Still waiting for PTO.

Not sure how the utility there in NY works but since you just posted this and still don’t have PTO that sounds like a long wait given it’s now 11/1. PG&E out here on west coast gives a guideline of 30 business days with many granted before then. I would call Tesla Energy and if your advisor doesn’t pick up, through TE’s phone system, you can still speak directly to another advisor. Ask them to reach out to the dept that handles the interconnects and find out where your order is.

For reference our PTO request (agreement and line drawings for utility company) were submitted on 10/5 and the person at PG&E signed off on it on 10/29 and sent our approval the same day along with a digital copy of the agreement and drawings submitted.