Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Powerwall firmware version 21.39.1 just downloaded by my system

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are you supposed to get notified in any way when you get a Powerwall firmware update? I've had my system for several months and have never received any notifications (except about outages).

Nope. If you’re closely monitoring your system you might be able to detect the reboot that happens when the update is applied. But the Tesla app won’t tell you when that happens

Apparently my system has this 21.39.1 also. I have no idea what’s different.

Bruce.

Just checked, same here. "21.39.1 7759c368" for whatever that hex code means...

Usually my automation detects the Powerwall disconnecting during an update but didn't get one this time. Either Tesla is doing no downtime updates or my automation needs to be looked at (I'm guessing the latter).

Nope. If you’re closely monitoring your system you might be able to detect the reboot that happens when the update is applied. But the Tesla app won’t tell you when that happens

Apparently my system has this 21.39.1 also. I have no idea what’s different.

Bruce.
what is the behavior you observe on your app?
i have noticed my system's app shows it alternates from powerwalls in standby mode well above reserve / then showing powerwalls as having 0% / then walls showing actual % but discharging to run house and sending small amount to grid this has always been after dark so no pv production ..this behavior usually stops after 20 min or so . last night after this update it continued for about 2 hours until i finally hit reset button on gateway (gateway 2 with 2 powerwalls)

what is the behavior yo observe on your app?
i have noticed my system's app shows alternates from showing powerwalls in standby mode well above reserve then showing powerwalls as having 0% then powewalls discharging to run house and small amount to grid . this behavior usually stops after 20 min or so . last night after this update it continued for about 2 hours until i finally hit reset button on gateway (gateway 2 with 2 powerwalls)

Something similar, but I'm usually observing with a homegrown monitoring system I threw together. Usually the state of charge goes to 0%, and the Powerwalls go to standby mode (neither charging nor discharging). This usually lasts a few minutes. My Powerwall system has a Gateway 1, and it was installed on top of existing solar.

Bruce.

• Informative
Reactions: Electrph
Just got 21.39.1 updated an hour ago in aus, so pushed to the world starting from the other day i guess.
The (android) app hasn't auto enabled the newer time based control rates yet which I was waiting for.

the /api/status returns a json 'version' if anyone checks that in their monitoring scripts/systems so you can log when it up/downgrades

• Informative
Reactions: jjrandorin
trying to enter new tou rate periods (in old peak/shoulder/offpeak mode) in the phone app fails. so i guess don't delete your existing rates just yet.

if you have, hit add new rate period and press save.
open the period entered, edit the times, and save again.
add new rate again for peak/offpeak and repeat

flip to weekend and do the same

Last edited: