Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Powerwall Gateway WiFi Unavailable. No Stats or Control Available via App or Gateway

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Final update (I hope): Tesla came out Thursday to replace Gateway circuit board. After several hours, they could not get the new board to connect to the Nero(?) meter, even though they are supposed to be mated at the factory. The tech tried to pair them manually, with no luck. Luckily, they had a new meter in the warehouse, and one of the techs came out on Saturday to swap them.

However, same deal. He could not get them paired. He left with a vague "high level tech support" looking for a solution. It didn't take long. Late that same Saturday he called me and asked me to turn on the PW switches. I did that, and suddenly I had power flow showing through the app. Somehow, they were able to fix the pairing issue remotely.

So, it's finally working again. Since it's a basically a new Gateway, I have to wait a few days for all the options to populate back to the settings menu. I finally go the option that allows time based control, but still waiting for Storm Watch, Virtual Power Plant etc.

Although it took too long to get techs to come out, once here the support has been outstanding. The onsite techs were professional, courteous and helpful, and seemed highly competent in their work. This has been my experience with TEG since the start, and really Tesla as a whole. It can be hard and frustrating sometimes to get appointments scheduled. But once done and you interface with Tesla's "boots on the ground" you discover they have good folks working for them who really care about getting your system (or cars) fixed.

@dandrewk how has your gateway been since you had the logic board replaced? I have the exact same issue as you - periodically the gateway drops off my wifi network, and I'm unable to see the TEG wifi network when this happens. I reset it using the reset button on the gateway, and eventually after several resets, it might reconnect to my wifi if I'm lucky, and may be ok for a few days, or sometimes just a few hours before it happens again. I'm based in the UK, not that it matters.

@dandrewk how has your gateway been since you had the logic board replaced? I have the exact same issue as you - periodically the gateway drops off my wifi network, and I'm unable to see the TEG wifi network when this happens. I reset it using the reset button on the gateway, and eventually after several resets, it might reconnect to my wifi if I'm lucky, and may be ok for a few days, or sometimes just a few hours before it happens again. I'm based in the UK, not that it matters.

Sorry for delay, just saw this post.

It sounds a lot like what I was experiencing. I had the PW go offline, but was able to get it back with a reset. Then resets stopped working. I'd suggest contacting TEG directly and soon. They should be able to verify the issue when they can't reach the Gateway themselves.

I had mine replaced, and now all is well. I wish that I had called them sooner.

I have the exact same issue as you - periodically the gateway drops off my wifi network, and I'm unable to see the TEG wifi network when this happens.
When I called my installer when I was having the problem, he told me the TEG WiFi unit is very low power, and to take a cell phone or laptop next to the TEG to access the network. I can't see it via my router which is ~50' away, but I could see it on the cell phone from 3' away. I was then able to reset the WiFi connection, and it has been stable ever since.

Same here, for anyone who is counting. I have been waiting on parts for 6 weeks since the Tesla technician came to look at my system.