Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Powerwall+ got stuck in Self-Consumption model and not able to export after PTO

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
so disappointed with Tesla support. in the past 2 months i have called tens of times but still my fundamental problems is not solved yet.
Set aside all other issues I have experienced, ( wrong registration; registered to different person; Tesla apps stuck in PRE-PTO..... etc ), now my Tesla Apps shows everything OK ( no PRE-PTO warning any more ) , but when I log into the Gateway webpage, it still shows self-consumption mode, so once the battery is full , the system just stop producing , or scale down to match consumption, instead of exporting to the grid, which is the whole point of NEM... i am on 21.39.1 FW and latest tesla Apps

Please help, if you know how to fix or how shall I escalate.
calling them almost every other day, no useful info at all. keep telling me Tier2 is reviewing.

I'm also having the same issue even after 10 days after activation, I'm keep on calling, sending emails, etc. Not much help. Spent $40k and getting very low production. Frustrating.

share your pain. Last night my system upgraded to 21.44 I kind of see some behavior changes and having my fingers crossed.
will update after my battery changed to full.

21.44 fixed ny problem.

although the gateway wifi page still show the mode as 'self-consumption' , it can export to grid after battery charged to full .
Hi, I am having the same issue here. Before PTO my system was at peak doing 5.5kw and after PTO it’s still at 5.5kw. My system is a 10.8kw.
Sunny days here in California, no blocking of anything. I can export. Gateway shows self consumption mode and I believe this is the reason why the solar panels are not producing at full capacity

Hi, I am having the same issue here. Before PTO my system was at peak doing 5.5kw and after PTO it’s still at 5.5kw. My system is a 10.8kw.
Sunny days here in California, no blocking of anything. I can export. Gateway shows self consumption mode and I believe this is the reason why the solar panels are not producing at full capacity
I have a 30kw system, and am peaking about 10 KWh. Normal for this time of year with the sun angle so low.

Reactions: buckets0fun