Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Powerwall in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Moderators note:
It's OK to say if a commercial enterprise helped you with your Tesla and give praise and brickbats where necessary. The only exception to this is if you have a financial interest or a close personal interest in the business being discussed, in which case it can be construed as advertising which is not OK unless you have asked first.
To ask about such things click on the 'contact us' link in the red bar at the bottom of each page.

First commercial use of the powerwall (apparently) to be in the re-development of the Lonely Planet offices in Melbourne.
FOOTSCRAY + MARIBYRNONG | 3011 +3032 | Projects | Page 6 | Forum | Urban Melbourne
Liberman-backed Impact launches its Dream Factory
Impact Investment Group, a Melbourne-based syndicator backed by the Liberman family, is transforming the longtime home of travel book publisher Lonely Planet in Melbourne's inner west into a hub for start-ups and not-for-profits.
The historic four-storey building in Footscray, at 90 Maribyrnong Street, will feature the first commercial use in Australia of Tesla batteries, linked to 200-kilowatt-hour rooftop solar panels.
Led by Chris Lock, the fast-growing fund manager snapped up the Footscray building for $13.5 million in 2015, after repeated efforts by Trilogy Funds to sell it.
The deal was struck on a passing yield of more than 13 per cent. With that came a high degree of leasing risk, because Lonely Planet was mulling a smaller tenancy closer to the central business district when its term expired.
Read more: http://www.afr.com/real-estate/comm...s-dream-factory-20160229-gn6pzu#ixzz41gcPEL8B

Just received this from Telsa.... first time I've heard anything direct from them after "reserving" on the Tesla site...

Powerwall.jpg

I'm having a Tesla Powerwall installed in our house, currently under construction. Cables were roughed before the sheeting was done. We purchased from Natural Solar. We went for the 5 kw Fronius 3 phase inverter and 20 Phono Tier 1 solar panels. I was told there were only two inverters compatible with the Powerwall, although other makes would soon be made compatible.

Interesting info. Energex will not allow you to feed 3 phase energy back into the grid. They will allow us our 3 phase for the Powerwall but we must limit of what we return from our solar system back to the grid to a max of 5 kw. We had a bloke from Energex and our sparkie at our house today. Powerwalls are new for them. I'm probably out of my depth with this level of info but I'm learning something new everyday.

Update. Our Powerwall, inverter and PV panels won't be installed until June, which suits us fine as we won't be moving into our house until the end of May. Some changes had to be made to the Fronius inverter to be compatible with the Powerwall, is the information I received.