Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Powerwall install

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm in a crowded 2.4 area. Neighbors 10 feet away on two sides, and 50 feet away on other two sides.. Then, I've just upped my number of IoT devices. It about as crowded as an apartment area, via "WiFi Manager" scanning on Android.

5 GHz would be better as I can just drop repeaters/mesh on the very uncrowded spectrum, especially the empty DFS channels.
My WiFi went awry when a new family moves with new internet service/equipment. For Mac OS users, option-Click WiFi symbol and click Diagnostics. Esc on the first screen, and then record yourself as your jaw drops revealing all channels (both hidden and broadcasted SSIDs). This is best with a Macbook so you can walk around the house. I caved and bought into Google WiFi. I know it's touted for the non-techie, but it has great remote status monitoring features that are bar none available with traditional router/AP/extender combos/separates (e.g. seeing which mesh spoke and frequency a device is connected to). There are really only 3 channels in the 2.4GHz. Zigbee devices are also 2.4GHz, but don't know if there is a real impact.