Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Powerwall installer in Illinois?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am in the Chicagoland area and wanted to see if anyone has had an Powerwall installation in IL and who they used. I just took the plunge and placed a deposit. I currently have a 10k solar system with battery back up (golf cart batteries ugh!) and a NG generator. Hoping a Powerwall can replace my deep cell batteries/ work in tadem.

I think we will be able to buy tickets to Mars before we will ever see a Powerwall in Illinois. I put my name down for Powerwall 1 over 3 years ago and put down a deposit for the Powerwall 2 on the very first day over a year ago. Absolutely nothing happened in all those years.

Reactions: Chirider
I am in the Chicagoland area and wanted to see if anyone has had an Powerwall installation in IL and who they used. I just took the plunge and placed a deposit. I currently have a 10k solar system with battery back up (golf cart batteries ugh!) and a NG generator. Hoping a Powerwall can replace my deep cell batteries/ work in tadem.
When your lead batteries finally go kaput, look into whether the LG Resu battery can be a drop-in with the other equipment you already have. That makes the most sense to me at the moment since the Tesla generator integration is poor or absent.

I'm wondering if it's the same in OK. How did you find out about IL? Did you use the callback feature on the powerwall page?

I wonder if we'll get to a point that we can buy PWs for self-install?

I live in Okla and spoke to a representative yesterday. I was told Ok is not in their service area, but since I had been waiting a long time, he would bump me up to his supervisor. So far, no reply by email or phone. I reserved Power Wall one on the first day, and put down my deposit for power wall two, first day. The last email I received was last fall , and it said installations would begin in oct and continue through January. They also had my name down wrong, and thought I lived in Oregon instead of Oklahoma!

Thanks for the info! I'm guessing the e-mail from last Fall was based on you being in Oregon and not OK. I'm planning to self-install about 4kW of solar sometime this year. House is 15 years old so figure I should have the roof done before doing the solar to save having to R&R it later. So that may delay me to the Fall. I'm planning to install the disconnect such that it can just be yanked and replaced w/ the PW Backup Gateway whenever PWs are a reality here.

Hey guys, not sure if this is breaking forum rules, if so mods please let me know!
Our company is officially a Powerwall installer and we do quite a bit of work in the Chicago area. If you are interested in Powerwall you can message me-we are a channel partner so I won't have any access to info on down payments but can provide quotes and delivery dates otherwise.