Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Powerwall Inverter and Specific circuits

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does Powerwall come with an inverter and a way to energize only specific circuits if a grid connection is dropped?

No.

main-qimg-46414193468abadf0a2a88e4647999a8

Does Powerwall come with an inverter and a way to energize only specific circuits if a grid connection is dropped?
It does not "come with" an inverter, but the only inverter that is compatible with Powerwall right now is the SolarEdge 7600 model.

To have a system that will provide power to your home when the grid is down, you need to have a sub panel containing those specific circuits that will draw from the Powerwall, according to the electrician who is installing my PV/Powerwall system in August.

Last edited:
Reactions: Majerus
It does not "come with" an inverter, but the only inverter that is compatible with Powerwall right now is the SolarEdge 7600 model.

To have a system that will provide power to your home when the grid is down, you need to have a sub panel containing those specific circuits that will draw from the Powerwall, according to the electrician who is installing my PV/Powerwall system in August.

Thanks for the reply this is what I was looking for.