Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Powerwall online, but no Power Flow

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Already have done whole system reset.
Logged into the TEG and can see that it is online and communicating with Tesla servers.
But my app shows no power flow. (I have an extra large system 15 kWh.)
Called Tesla over a week ago. Tier one only suggested whole home reset.
Said Tier Two would call within 3 days. Now 5 days later, still no help from Tesla

I love my solar system but if you can't get reliable service, it's not worth anything.

Anyone have any other ideas for me to try or have someone that they can escalate to at Tesla?

Thanks.

Already have done whole system reset.
Logged into the TEG and can see that it is online and communicating with Tesla servers.
But my app shows no power flow. (I have an extra large system 15 kWh.)
Called Tesla over a week ago. Tier one only suggested whole home reset.
Said Tier Two would call within 3 days. Now 5 days later, still no help from Tesla

I love my solar system but if you can't get reliable service, it's not worth anything.

Anyone have any other ideas for me to try or have someone that they can escalate to at Tesla?

Thanks.

Is this just the APP that shows no powerflow or is there actually no power being provided from your system to your home? If you throw the main breaker does your home go dark?

How is your TEG connected to the internet? Ethernet, wifi, cellular? If you log into the local interface, does the cellular show as connected?

If your powerwall actually has no power being delivered to the home, thats different than the app not showing connection.

Is this just the APP that shows no powerflow or is there actually no power being provided from your system to your home? If you throw the main breaker does your home go dark?

How is your TEG connected to the internet? Ethernet, wifi, cellular? If you log into the local interface, does the cellular show as connected?

If your powerwall actually has no power being delivered to the home, thats different than the app not showing connection.

TEG is connected with both wifi and cellular. I have separate production meters on my solar system, so I can see that the panels are producing electricity, it is that the app isn't showing any production from the panels or use from the grid. Prior to this, I had the Powerwall set for time of use, and it was doing a fantastic job of time shifting my solar production so I would get maximum credit for production during peak time from my local utility.

Now my Powerwall justs sits idle each day.

Here are photos of my TEG pages.

Attachments

• TEG Network.png
    TEG Network.png
    123.3 KB · Views: 163
  • TEG No Flow.png
    TEG No Flow.png
    113.1 KB · Views: 122
So it looks like some sort of hardware failure. Tesla said they ordered new meters, not sure how 3 meters (Grid meter, house meter, solar meter) go bad, more likely to me is that the module the meters plug into went bad. Tesla said it may take up to two weeks to get the parts and schedule an on-site technician visit.

• Informative
Reactions: jjrandorin
Finally back online. Bad Neurio communicator. Took nearly two months to fully resolve.

Its good that you are back up and running, but man thats fairly bad that it took almost 2 months to get resolved.. especially since this is "prime solar" time, and also in much of the country, prime use of A/C, pools, etc .. heavy electric usage.

Thanks for circling back.

Does anyone know if the same Neurio communicator from Gateway 1 is used in the Gateway 2 now being installed? I fear the TEG 1 may become an antiquated relic in short order and get forgotten. Sort of like the MCU 1 in the pre-April 2018 Model X and S.

Its good that you are back up and running, but man thats fairly bad that it took almost 2 months to get resolved.. especially since this is "prime solar" time, and also in much of the country, prime use of A/C, pools, etc .. heavy electric usage.

Thanks for circling back.
That is the thing that concerns me with these failures - unless Tesla is actually reimbursing the lost production, the customer is still taking a big loss, even if the repair/replacement is covered under warranty. And that is in addition to losing the backup power capabilities. Having a smaller system, I still would have lost over 2 MWh in these past two months. Cost of electricity + SREC puts that as over $400 lost. And I can imagine it will be much larger for bigger systems and where electricity is more expensive.