Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Powerwall only no solar, Tesla app fails to charge batteries during off peak

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am having the same issue with my power walls are not able to charge without user input sliding the bar to 100% so it charges off peak. It charges just fine when prompted just not without my having to adjust it. I have other Powerwalls, and other houses that are only non solar that charge on their own during off peak without any input from me. I the level one level two thing in Support must’ve not saved your case notes in the database as they can’t figure it out either.
Patiently waiting to figure it out.
I have found that some energy support folks know a lot and others not so much. So if they don't fix on the first call, try again a bit later. Sometimes it take significant squeaky wheel calls. Another thing to try is taking screen shots of the app messing up and sending that to you support folks.

I am not familiar with the behavior in a non-solar installation. But there are several user setting which affect grid charging behavior: pricing, TOU schedules, various options. in addition, installer options have influence, and Tesla support has adjustments they can make from the server side as well. From this thread and your own other houses you know how it should work. So persistence is your friend. Pester them till it is fixed.

I am having the same issue with my power walls are not able to charge without user input sliding the bar to 100% so it charges off peak. It charges just fine when prompted just not without my having to adjust it. I have other Powerwalls, and other houses that are only non solar that charge on their own during off peak without any input from me. I the level one level two thing in Support must’ve not saved your case notes in the database as they can’t figure it out either.
Patiently waiting to figure it out.
That is what I have to do, works great.