Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Powerwall operation problems

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you're having trouble with your Tesla Powerwall 2 in Florida, there are a few things you can try to troubleshoot the issue here. First, check to make sure that the Powerwall is properly plugged into an outlet and that all of the connections are secure. Next, check the Powerwall's control panel to see if there are any error messages or alerts that could be causing the problem. If you still can't resolve the issue, contact Tesla customer service for assistance.

Hi

Please can anyone helpwith a car charging issue on my newly installed Powerwall 2 and Gateway.

When I charge my car off peak using the Car App, at 06:00, the Gateway defaults to using the power stored in the battery to charge the car, rather than use the power from the grid.
This is not great, as it drains away any power stored from solar or off peak.

I understand that there is an option to set the minimum powerwall back up reserve higher but this would mean having to adjust it every timeI charge the car.

From my reading of the App instructions, there is a function which allows you to set a Charging threshold .

1662989855250.png

Also it seems to say that during normal operation the vehicle charges "as normal"
It only uses solar & surplus energy during a power outage.

1662990032477.png

How do other powerwall users manage their car charging?

Thanks

If you are off-grid and it is dark, you will only take power from the Powerwall, Why not set timer based control (and set Grid Charging OFF, if that is what you want) and let the grid power the house and car, but not charge the battery.

Last edited: