Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Powerwall shipping delays?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And it will get to $2000! Sort of like buying Microsoft in the 90s. Seems like they had a split every 18 months. It was shocking to look at the number of shares you owned. Hoping they start splitting again!

If that happens, TSLA would have a market capitalization of like $1.8Tn (bigger than MSFT today). The difference is TSLA needs the moon to be filled with rechargeable batteries while Microsoft needed companies to copy its code a few billion times.

You're right; turning the moon into a resource makes more sense in this stock market.

If that happens, TSLA would have a market capitalization of like $1.8Tn (bigger than MSFT today). The difference is TSLA needs the moon to be filled with rechargeable batteries while Microsoft needed companies to copy its code a few billion times.

You're right; turning the moon into a resource makes more sense in this stock market.
I was thinking $2000 before the split.

But Energy may turn out to make more money for Tesla in the long run. Especially grid-scale storage and grid load management. It will be just a dollar on our bills, but aggregate to many millions each year.

Last edited:
I agree with other comments. I think Tesla is stretched mighty thin on a lot of fronts, but that seems to be where Musk likes to live. He seems to thrive with one foot on a banana peel. They're delivering Model Y's with defects and not enough service network to correct them. Tesla is #1 in quality control in China and last in USA.

But, if you want to be the "be all to all", you've got to first be available to all.

Oh, let me be the first to predict that Tesla stock will not make it to $10,000 per share like some have predicted.

I think Tesla has lots of irons in the fire and trying to build out as fast as they can. Remember while the stock maybe at an all time mind-blowing high it doesn’t equate yet to cash in the bank like Apple for example has. That means ramping up vehicle production and new lines, and certainly battery production that helps feed everything while trying to balance the building out of its service sector. I doubt anyone at Tesla sits around waiting for something to do, but they could use more hands on deck. This is probably one of the constant problems with growth companies - balancing employees with materials and infrastructure.

Last edited:
New Delay - my PG&E panel upgrade was scheduled for next week.

Update today - the panel upgrade has been moved to late 2020 and powerwall early 2021. No reason given.

Anyone have a recommendation for a competitor in the SF Bay Area? Maybe I will get a diesel generator...

I was first to signup and get approved for PW in May with a approve installer that said they had priority from Tesla. June was original install date, then aug, then oct, now they expect nov. Getting ridiculous. Enjoying 2nd power safety power shutoff now with no back up power, water or heat. So much for being first on a non existent list.

I was first to signup and get approved for PW in May with a approve installer that said they had priority from Tesla. June was original install date, then aug, then oct, now they expect nov. Getting ridiculous. Enjoying 2nd power safety power shutoff now with no back up power, water or heat. So much for being first on a non existent list.
Hmmm my non-Tesla installer just shared with me that Tesla is so backed up that Tesla says that Tesla won't start catching up Powerwall demand until after new production lines start up.
My August '20 Powerwall install date turned into November '20 that turned into February '21, now late Q2, or Q3 '21...
Count your blessings.
All the best,
BG

Only about half our orders are being filled, so this problem is not specific to one installer.

Some homeowners are even desperate enough to buy their own, at higher prices.

Glad I installed my 22K generators a few months back. Came in great for my last 2 days of no power from PGE. My installer for possible batteries sent me a note saying it could be a least a year. Loving the generator in more.

I ordered 2 power walls on July 2. Just received the permit last week. Sent a note to my project advisor asking for update. She transferred my to a new advisor and today my status changed showing permit complete and that I needed to call for installation of my Powerwalls. I called and the earliest install date was tomorrow. That was too quick for me so they will be installing on Friday Oct 30. These were ordered directly through Tesla since the price was significantly less than the Independent installers I had talked to. Hopefully doing the Happy Dance Friday afternoon and pushing for county inspection after that. :):):)

I ordered 2 power walls on July 2. Just received the permit last week. Sent a note to my project advisor asking for update. She transferred my to a new advisor and today my status changed showing permit complete and that I needed to call for installation of my Powerwalls. I called and the earliest install date was tomorrow. That was too quick for me so they will be installing on Friday Oct 30. These were ordered directly through Tesla since the price was significantly less than the Independent installers I had talked to. Hopefully doing the Happy Dance Friday afternoon and pushing for county inspection after that. :):):)

I’m assuming because you are listed in El Dorado Hills and in a PSPS area and still will be affected by future high fire wind events this year, you have top priority. Not sure if people will be envious or not that you are getting your install so quickly. Nice to see that Tesla has prioritized customers in PSPS area though as we all want to keep our power on.

I’m assuming because you are listed in El Dorado Hills and in a PSPS area and still will be affected by future high fire wind events this year, you have top priority. Not sure if people will be envious or not that you are getting your install so quickly. Nice to see that Tesla has prioritized customers in PSPS area though as we all want to keep our power on.

I have a friend who got 2 PW's approved a few months ago, but has not date for install. He lives in Placer, but is using V3 for install, not Tesla. So, from what I have seen, it is a FIFO que, nothing about priority. Meaning if was, medical baseline folks would get before well use folks, IMO.

I have a friend who got 2 PW's approved a few months ago, but has not date for install. He lives in Placer, but is using V3 for install, not Tesla. So, from what I have seen, it is a FIFO que, nothing about priority. Meaning if was, medical baseline folks would get before well use folks, IMO.

Hmmm, we are medical baseline and on an electric pump for water, so I'm not seeing a priority from where I am sitting, but it doesn't seem to be FIFO either.

@Vines I'm glad to hear that you are getting half your orders filled! I had concerns that Tesla was keeping 100% for their own installs.

All the best,

BG

@DoyleS said he went directly through TE not a third party installer. My comment was meant that within Tesla they were likely prioritizing likely PSPS areas over others. When Tesla ships inventory to 3rd party installers I assume its up to those companies how they schedule and prioritize their installs. I’m assuming V3 is a third party in your Placer friend’s case?

I ordered solar only on 7/25 and then added a single powerwall a week later. Then a week after that added two more powerwalls. I still got the $2500 bundling discount because it was based on the original order date of 7/25. Went through 3 design revisions and a permit revision with my count. Service panel upgrade was on 10/15 and system was install on 10/17. Final county inspection was on 10/20. I think I just barely made it in before the delays really shot up.

Now if I could just get Tesla to send me a bill which they have yet to do.

Reactions: Vines