Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Powerwall shipping delays?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I definitely went through Tesla as the price difference was more than the rebates. It was all silence from Tesla between June 6 and early October. My queries to them always indicated maybe by end of year but likely 2021. Then last week I received a note that they were working on the permit. Oct 16 El Dorado County Building department sent me a letter saying they had issued a permit to my contractor. I contacted Tesla again and within a couple days my dashboard checked a couple more spots and message said to call and schedule install. We are right on the edge of the PSPS map. We have only had a couple outages of an hour or two this year. I can't really say we are in a fire danger area. It's not like we have a lot of tall grass or forest near us. We are about a mile from Folsom lake and when I am fishing there we regularly see the helicopters picking up water to deal with fires. We still have some smoke in the area but not like a month ago.

I don't have a Powerwall availability update, but wanted to note I just had a 15 hour outage caused by a storm last night with stronger than forecast winds (gusts 50mph+), this following massive amounts of rain over the past several weeks so everything is saturated. With two Powerwalls, I would've gotten through the outage no problem. Even had a decently sunny day today so would've generated ~12 kWh from my solar array.

C'mon Tesla! Get production cranking!

Wow, I have read all the posts on this thread and can only say, good luck to all... My journey, which has not ended, started in June '20, when I signed with a 3rd party install Company. I finally got my 48 Axtec AC-400MH/144s panels installed in November. In December, they came an installed the 3 Powerwall's along with 3 Sunny Boy 7.0-1/ SP-US-41 Inverters. I was told that there was a delay on the Gateway 2, that I had gotten some of the last batteries available. I finally got the gateway installed on the 5th (2 weeks ago). Now it's just a waiting game for AEP Texas to get out here to commission my system. I already passed the city inspection, etc. So I guess my pain has not been as horrible as some others. The install company did say there was a massive delay on batteries as EVERYONE had back orders pending.

My permits were issued in mid-December. It's taken this long for Tesla to schedule an electrician. Will be interested to see how well they pull of the panel upgrade and prep for the Powerwalls vs having it all done on the same day...
Well, other than the long delay starting, I'm really happy with the electrician they sent out to upgrade my panel and install the Gateway.

Looking forward to seeing if the Powerwalls come in a shorter time period.

One thing I didn't expect is that I'm now without solar until the Powerwall installer arrives.

Last edited: